Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

really nice!

shoot them in black and white maybe?

also, I like putting my kids in all cream tones, it makes the features pop.

You should definetly shoot them underwater!

Thanks for the kudos as well as your tolerance on the American flyboy hero story. While wars are never popular, stories about heroes are always inspirational…

Chantal- the first image that caught her big grin was actually shot on the landing roll after they had done 20 + minutes of loops, cuban’s, hammerheads, slow and point rolls. She can’t wait until next time… It likely helps that her great grandfather and uncle both raced in the Indy 500 and on the other side of her family her grandfather was a WWII pilot and spent years working airshows with the Cole brothers airshows so I guess it is in her blood…

CF Elliott -great balloon shots. Be careful flying, like photography, it is very additive and if possible, even more expensive…

CHarris – cool action shot with your 70-300

MidWestDVR – what can I say… Your images take me there…

HammerHead – a great lens will always help improve portraits. I often use my EF70-200 f/2.8 IS USM for portraits with good results. If you have the EF100mm f/2.8 macro for underwater shots with your Canon, it serves double duty as a good portrait lens.

Regarding that lens, I spent a few minutes today focused on the world from a different perspective with my Canon EOS 30D & EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens.

bugeyes.jpg

bugeye.jpg

bee_9295.jpg

moth_9286.jpg

Blue Moon

Blue Moon:
Thanks for the kudos as well as your tolerance on the American flyboy hero story. While wars are never popular, stories about heroes are always inspirational…

Chantal- the first image that caught her big grin was actually shot on the landing roll after they had done 20 + minutes of loops, cuban’s, hammerheads, slow and point rolls. She can’t wait until next time… It likely helps that her great grandfather and uncle both raced in the Indy 500 and on the other side of her family her grandfather was a WWII pilot and spent years working airshows with the Cole brothers airshows so I guess it is in her blood…

CF Elliott -great balloon shots. Be careful flying, like photography, it is very additive and if possible, even more expensive…

CHarris – cool action shot with your 70-300

MidWestDVR – what can I say… Your images take me there…

HammerHead – a great lens will always help improve portraits. I often use my EF70-200 f/2.8 IS USM for portraits with good results. If you have the EF100mm f/2.8 macro for underwater shots with your Canon, it serves double duty as a good portrait lens.

Regarding that lens, I spent a few minutes today focused on the world from a different perspective with my Canon EOS 30D & EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens.

bugeyes.jpg

bugeye.jpg

bee_9295.jpg

moth_9286.jpg

Blue Moon

That's bloody kick arse...
The DOF on the first two is obscene......... :14:

Ditto, Blue Moon. Awesome pics.

Geryl, your pics just keep getting better and better! I can't believe the DOF you get with those bugs. The ones I try to photo won't sit still that long.

Good for your GF, sounds like she's got moxy as well as class.

Thanks again for the kudos, encouragement and continued inspiration. I’m still landlocked and without a housing for my 30D, so I figure that instead of cry about it, I might as well learn how to use the EF 100mm f/2.8 macro USM that others on SB have suggested.

After many attempts, I finally got an eye close up after falling in love with one of Jam's bug shots. After playing with it for a few days and struggling with focus and DOF, I’m even more impressed with some of the u/w images that I see posted here and can’t image how you all do it…

Blue Moon

@midwestdvr - Beautiful landscapes - has many possibilities!

@THE Hammerhead - Sweet little girls! Try dress up - makes great childrens pictures :wink:

@Blue Moon - Wow! DOF out of this world! how many pics does it take to get the right one?

Back
Top Bottom