Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
@midwestdvr - Beautiful landscapes - has many possibilities!

@THE Hammerhead - Sweet little girls! Try dress up - makes great childrens pictures :wink:

@Blue Moon - Wow! DOF out of this world! how many pics does it take to get the right one?
Thanks. The problem that I run into is focusing. That is why I can't believe how good some of the u/w shots are that I see. For an example, the fly was actually pretty easy to get an OK shot on because it was on a fence and I was able to brace the lens hood against the wood so neither the camera nor the fly were moving. With the focus set to manual, I was moving up and back to shoot the fly. I shot about 20 shots of the fly and 10 of them worked out OK.

Handheld shots are a different story. Here are a couple of a dragon fly that I shot today. I ended up with 134 shots and I had about a third that were in focus enough for the web and a handful out of that were interesting and in focus enough to print.

For these shots I used my Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM with an EF1.4xII teleconverter. At least on the 30D, this combination requires a 12mm extension tube between the lens and the teleconverter…

While I was hoping for something small to shoot, the dragon fly is all I have for now… I love the face on the back of the dragon fly…

dragonfly_9574.jpg

dragoneyes.jpg

Blue Moon

Some recent shots

Beauty fades
A few weeks ago this was a vibrant, beautiful Hibiscus.
But like everything that has life, time has eventually worn it down.
The stamen has started to droop along with the petals.
The flies and ants, harbingers of death are now feasting on it.
Just behind this lies a series of blooms ready to unfold.
Life begins anew

503432116_b5b089d94f_o.jpg

Eclipse of the sun

503459360_e137cc9881_o.jpg

Fingers of green banana

Otherwise known as breakfast.

Green Bananas are an important part of most Jamaican breakfasts, somewhat of a staple.
They're peeled and boiled, can't quite describe the taste but i'd say that it's quite filling

503467909_30ae959e1e_o.jpg

Morning sky

Woke up to this beautiful view.
I don't think i've ever quite seen a sky like this.
My immediate thoughts were to think of a painting multilayered with colours, details and textures.
Puffs of white on a canvas of blue shaped by the wind and piercing sun.
Nature's fine art :wink:
500356700_1dcc2a79a8_o.jpg

Appreciate some honest C&C on this one. I'm trying to get a raindrop macro shot together that I can enter in a local redneck photo assignment contest.

midnightraindrops.jpg

Gear:
Canon EOS 30D
Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM + EF1.4xII + 12mm Xtube
The EXIF data is incorrect. Not sure why but with the teleconverter and 12mm Xtube, my 30D is recording the EXIF data incorrectly.

Thanks,

Blue Moon

I really like the way the big droplet shows up and the focus on the bottom curl of the flower. I'd like to see a little more, rather than less DOF for more detail on the rest of the flower. Did you take any at a higher f-stop?

Blue Moon: Ask 2 people, and how many different responses will you get? I like the shallow DOF--it draws the eye to the horizontal and to the main water droplet. Very nice shot, I think.

Here are a few bugs:

Crescent butterfly
bedbdd50.jpg

Dragonfly
befbbd10.jpg

As close as I could focus with a Nikon 105mm on a D200
bf8bccf0.jpg

Clay

Those are really nice, Clay. I like shallow DOF too, I like the picture as well. I just feel like that shot would be more interesting with a little more detail. Personal taste.

CheddarChick:
Man, I used to hate bugs...
I know what you mean. With all these terrific macro shots, I actually have begun seeking the little guys out. Even spiders!

Anyone use automatic settings when shooting? I know they say to use full manual etc. but wondering what you can get away with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom