Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
New World vs. Old World
Felt that the title was particularly apt as Rum or 'rumbullion' is primarily a new world phenomenon originating in the Caribbean.
Whilst Whiskey is from the deepest, darkest regions of Scotland :) and hence old world.
I prefer the rum, but then I just might be biased :wink:

you want to see old stuff? :wink:

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

Soggy:
When I finally get a DSLR, those are the 2 lenses that I plan to get, the thrifty fifty and the Sigma 17-70. I'm still torn between the XTi and the 30D, though.

I have both of those lenses Soggy, you can't go wrong with them.
The thrify fifty (50mm f/1.8 right) offers great optics for a great price.

And the Sigma 17-70mm is a great kit lens replacement that is wonderfully optically, quick to focus and well built.

As for the Xti and the 30D honestly you can't go wrong with either one.
The 30D is a little bit more solidly built, has some more features I think.
Faster buffer, spot metering, I think the viewfinder is a little brighter?

But really the truth is both will take wonderful pictures in capable hands...
I'd recommend that you try both in your hands and see which fits you better, some find that the grip on the Xti is too small.

For me personally it's just fine.

I took the pic at my parents house. The rum was bought around 1976 during my first and only trip to Jamaica :) I must have been 8 or 9 yo. so it's more than 40 years old:11: I wonder if it's still good.

Jamdiver:
I'd recommend that you try both in your hands and see which fits you better, some find that the grip on the Xti is too small.

I made the mistake of playing with them both at the store and the 30D was much more comfortable. I'm not sure if it is $400 more comfy, though. :)

I do like the wheels and controls on the 30d better, too...so that's probably the direction that I'll go. No money now, so I have time :)

wardric:
I took the pic at my parents house. The rum was bought around 1976 during my first and only trip to Jamaica :) I must have been 8 or 9 yo. so it's more than 40 years old:11: I wonder if it's still good.

I feel sure we could test it for you. :D

First attempt at bulb/long exposure..

Definitely a learning experience, had to remember to manually focus the lens, set it for infinity and so on......

Can't wait for the next full moon...

352567928_558eed7199_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom