Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crap weekend with very little sun here in Maine. I decided to try playing around with the new 50mm in low light. So, I took Lily, my favorite feline model, and got her to look out the window at some birds that were feeding on what’s left on the blueberry bush. Note that it was really grey out.

I got down to 1/30sec and didn’t dare go lower due to movement in the subject. I tried going up a F-Stop to get a little wider DOF, but decided on this shot as the best.

I like this lens.

MWD: The socks are great.

Chuck
lilywindow.jpg

Chuck, I love the kitty! I'll bet you're liking that new lens, aren't you?

Fastmarc, that is a lovely little critter, excellent photo. Your composition makes him even more interesting. What is he?

Chuck, that is a good shot of the cat. Very sharp even with that slower shutter speed.
Jcsgt:
Fastmarc, that is a lovely little critter, excellent photo. Your composition makes him even more interesting. What is he?
Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's a fireworm. One of those things you do not want to handle. Those spikes along the side are painful.

Chuck -

Looks like fun with the lens. One thing you've gotta watch with it with shallow DOF is your focus point. You've got really sharp fur, but the eye is soft. That's the "trick" with this lens for sure.

DSC_0200.jpg
[/IMG]

Paper boy...in Ubud

alcina:
Chuck -

Looks like fun with the lens. One thing you've gotta watch with it with shallow DOF is your focus point. You've got really sharp fur, but the eye is soft. That's the "trick" with this lens for sure.
I noticed that after the fact. I focused on the side of her face and things get totally blur-land by mid-forehead. Perhaps if I tried for the eye or inside of nose?

I just want to learn as much as I can before I go underwater with this Camera (Canon XTi). That won’t be until spring – Bonaire I hope!!! Until then Lily and her brother Harry are going to have to be my substitute fish!

hehehe - my cats RUN when they see me get out the camera but not the housing :wink:

Yeah, I would have tried for the middle of the eye or the corner by the nose. But if you're shooting wide open it's tough and you'll likely need multiple frames.

You aren't taking the 50mm under, are you?

alcina:
...You aren't taking the 50mm under, are you?

Nope, hoping Santa puts a nice Sigma 17-70 in my stocking.

Can you say ho-ho-ho! :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom