melon head mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have a big head, about 24" or a little more in circumference. Closet real dive shop is about 120 minutes away. Any suggestions for a big head/big face mask?

I want a black skirt. I am currently using a Mares X-vision. It isn't bad, but still some leakage. Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Have you tried keeping the mask more loose? Sometimes that can make a difference.

Yeah, tried tighter, loose (that didn't work...) I like the mask, great view and all, just get some leakage. Wondering what other quality masks are made for bigger face profiles.

Seadive's Sea Hawk mask is a very big skirted mask. So that may work for you.

You don't say where the mask is leaking. Can you hold the mask to your face without the strap by inhaling slighty ? Stray hairs can cause a leak = you don't say if you have a moustache.

Do you have a picture of you measuring your head?

Thanks. I actually do currently have a 'stache, but when I have dove I shave it so that's not a problem. I am not 100% sure where it leaks, but I think it is around the nose area. My nose matches my large face so the nose pocket may be the issue.
Thanks for everyone suggestions. I have two dive trips coming up soon so I need to figure this out or just take the Mares with me again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom