Mel Fishers Man Eater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee Taylor

Crusty old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
200 - 499
The year was 1985. Mel Fisher had just found approximately 400 million in gold, silver, and emeralds offshore Key West Florida. For the prior twenty years he had lived in despair while people made fun of him. Only after he had found the treasure, did they want to listen to his stories. Here is one of the stories he told. It is one of my favorites.

Click here --> Man Eater

That's funny! From everthing I've read, Mel Fisher was quite a character. :palmtree: Bob

Great story.

I read the books "Dreamweaver" and "Fatal Treasures". Dreamweaver was a long timeline of Mel Fishers life and times. Fatal Treasures was more in the moment of the years leading up to finding the Atocha's cargo. I liked FT better, although, DW was a good also. DW was not just about finding treasure. It was about Mel Fishers entire life, a biography. Here are a few of the photos I took in the Mel Fisher museum a few months ago. It is located in Key West.

100_3943.jpg
100_3944.jpg
EmeraldCross.jpg

It's taking forever to load on my PC. Perhaps another day I will get to see it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom