Megalodons: The Quest for Shark Teeth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am soooo ready to get back diving. Mentally, I am 100% again, went with Phill and Lee two weeks ago and it was my first dive in two years. I take my son to meet his grandparents in Chattanooga on the 8th but then it is just me and idle time till the 4th of July. I really want to dive here in the Savannah area but will meet up in the Edisto or Cooper as well.

Let's do this~!!! Shoot! let's go to Florida and do some fossil diving in the gulf.

I am scuba fossiling this Saturday Mike. I am ready for Venice. I will shoot over a private message. Deb is finding large pristine Megs on her private Venice land site.

signed:

cool stand by, ready to punch it on your signal

we need to visit queen Debra when we go

one of her recent land finds

Last edited:
Wow Lee, that is a nice tooth. I would love to find one like that. Heck i would love to see how the Mako teeth look like coming out of there.

Let's schedule a trip soon.

Do you just want to hit up FossilBabe or do you want to bring gear and dive the gulf? it doesn't matter to me, but I am first available the 14th-17th.

I want to take my scuba gear regardless. Whether I dive or not, I will regret it if I dont have it. Not to mention, once we get down there and see and smell the water, there will be NO question as to if we want to dive. My preference is 2 dives Saturday morning + 2 dives Saturday afternoon, dinner with Debra, and maybe a night on land fossil hunt. Then land hunt with Debra on Sunday.

ps: I dont recall whether you have dove Venice or not. It is really easy and fun diving. 20 feet emerald water with good viz

Sounds like we just committed to leaving the morning of the 14th

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you my adress and you can come down Thursday night and spend the night at my house and we can drive down there. I will just have to rent some tanks because mine need viz. insp.

I want to take my scuba gear regardless. Whether I dive or not, I will regret it if I dont have it. Not to mention, once we get down there and see and smell the water, there will be NO question as to if we want to dive. My preference is 2 dives Saturday morning + 2 dives Saturday afternoon, dinner with Debra, and maybe a night on land fossil hunt. Then land hunt with Debra on Sunday.

ps: I dont recall whether you have dove Venice or not. It is really easy and fun diving. 20 feet emerald water with good viz

Sounds like we just committed to leaving the morning of the 14th

Lee and Mike, Sounds like a dream trip, land and water!! Can't wait to see the pics of all those megs (and makos) yall will be posting when you get back!!

I sure hope we have a great trip. Sounds like it is finalizing out so we will be doing both a land hunt and diving. Can't wait, been watching all the Venice Beach dive video's I can and I cannot believe the viz. I have two new dive camera's coming in so I am hoping to have both video and pics for y'all.

Lee and Mike, Sounds like a dream trip, land and water!! Can't wait to see the pics of all those megs (and makos) yall will be posting when you get back!!

---------- Post added June 8th, 2013 at 08:31 AM ----------

Sharky, I know you have some nice megs in your collection and most likely you need more room, so why don't you go ahead and get rid of those ugly Mako teeth that just take up room! lol ohhhh, because I am such a cool friend, I'll go ahead and take those Mako's for ya.......hey, it's what friends are for!!! LOL

Do you have Steve's contact info? I have a yellow meg that I want to see about getting restored. most the root is missing and a chunk of the tip is as well but the color is nice and it was my first huge meg piece that I found in a canal ditch in Summerville, SC years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom