Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF:
regular sodas; Pepsi, Coke, Mountain Dew, Root Beer, Mellow Yellow, (although I refuse to be responsible for my own actions after downing a 2-liter of that one), and bottled water.

Umm, I think I will be doing my diving in the cavern zone. I don't want to be downstream of anyone drinking that much caffeine laced drink and then diving!! :11:

OK, I have no idea how one "camps" in an RV, but my mom just obtained one and she lives in Newberry (15 miles away from Ginnie), so I will be borrowing it for the weekend. (It's a little tiny one, not much more than van sized, but complete with stove, microwave, and toilet/shower and TV/VCR.)

Anyway, I don't know what the main site setup is, and I don't know if I need a separate site to get electric for it (I could even just run the gen) or water.

Someone please help the RV newbie!

Drive in, put it in a campsite, with electric and water hook up and off you go. There were a couple of RV hookups nearby to the site that Ken has reserved (i asked about reservations for those sites with the staff under Ken/SB and the woman i spoke with had no clue - better double check that res), but you might want to reserve a specific spot just in case. We are going to be around the shower block in the elec/water sites.

I will check out what seems to be taken care of and what is still needed closer to the time. Worst case just throw some money at it :wink: Did we have any left overs from the last two megadives?

Learned from the last fiasco we have. In my hand the reservation paid in cash we have. Kick everyone from the campsite if there is a screw up they will!
On a better note...
On the coffee issue, I have a large urn in storage I will retrieve for you caff hounds.
I have the "Confirmation of Reservation" sheet with my phone number and an employee's name, signature and that I paid $75 bucks on site #'s 30,47,48 Arrival 5/13 departure 5/15 My address and the rez date was on March 24. Should there be a screwup, it is THEIR problem as we have already rezed and advertised for those spots. :)
I will, however, call them after I get offline and REconfirm the rez that I have in MY hand!
I would hate for a firestorm like what happened LAST year to start up again over a simple misunderstanding. I will also ask them what is still available in this area and post it here.

My rez still stands. Available in the same area are sites #31 and 46 which would help to takeover the area if someone wants to reserve them. Ginnie's # is 386 454 7188

Allright, just found this thread again. I will be there and try to bring the whole Tallahassee Scuba Club. Im bringing my doubles, so any cave divers, lets get it on.

RV's, coffee urns. I'd be tempted to ask what happened to roughin' it, but there is no way I am giving up my air matress, so I will refrain from making any such comments.

It's getting close now!!! Yahoo. Looks like Mr. Bear might have to stay home this time, 3's a crowd :wink:

I won't camp without the air matress. And..... why should we? :) (well not "we" as in the you and I sense)

down4fun:
RV's, coffee urns. I'd be tempted to ask what happened to roughin' it, but there is no way I am giving up my air matress, so I will refrain from making any such comments.

It's getting close now!!! Yahoo. Looks like Mr. Bear might have to stay home this time, 3's a crowd :wink:

DEEPSEAWOLF:
My rez still stands. Available in the same area are sites #31 and 46 which would help to takeover the area if someone wants to reserve them. Ginnie's # is 386 454 7188
Good to hear, i just mentioned it and got a puzzled look from the staff there, so just wanted to check - doesnt hurt does it :wink:

jviehe:
Allright, just found this thread again. I will be there and try to bring the whole Tallahassee Scuba Club. Im bringing my doubles, so any cave divers, lets get it on.
Something is telling me we might need some more sites! I think cave divers by then should be Andy, David, Mark, you and myself at a minimum, i should imagine Ben will also come along and i know GDI is there teaching a class that weekend too. Sure we can find places to go and groups to dive in. I am not planning on spending 3 days diving Ginnie though, probably on saturday, see if we can swing something else on the friday and sunday if possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom