Megadive @ Ginnie!!!!!! May 5-7, 2006!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver:
You know , I am thinking about chaining da Fool and H2Andy together at Ginnie during the festivities!!!

actually, in person, as you know, i am quite boring

i tend to ramble on about such arcana as how the subatomic particle is completely described by a small set of quantum numbers such as its spin J, parity P, and mass m. The composite particles made of quarks and antiquarks are the hadrons. These include the mesons which get their quantum numbers from a quark and an antiquark, and the baryons, which get theirs from three quarks. The quarks (and antiquarks) which impart quantum numbers to hadrons are called valence quarks. Apart from these, any hadron may contain an indefinite number of virtual quarks, antiquarks and gluons which together contribute nothing to their quantum numbers. Such virtual quarks are called sea quarks.

hmmm... where was i?

Scuba_Jenny:
Yep. That's them, sorta. You can make your own with 1/2" PVC for about $2. And I am not taking the blame on this one, you can give credit to "Marshmallow Steve" AKA "Question Guy" AKA TheDaddy!

I used all 1/2" PVC pipe, (2) caps (2) 'L's and (2) 'T's. There are a lot of combinations and sizes you can make. Generally kids will experiment and put it together in different configurations and come up with their own toy. Sharpie markers do a great job of coloring them. PVC - legos of the new millenium!

The combination of measurements I found best for the group of kids I was targeting (heh!) was as follows:
(1) 7 1/2" barrel
(1) 5" mouthpiece
(1) 1 1/2" connector
(4) 3 1/2" connectors and handles
(2) T connctors
(2) L connectors
(2) end caps

It seems to work better than a straight blowgun because the bends give enough resistance to flow to let the pressure build behind the marshmallow. Just make sure to chamfer the inside and outside where you cut the pipe or the kids could get cut on the rough edge. I've heard if you fill in the deadspace in the handles (toilet paper, saran, concrete...) that it doesn't take as much breath and makes it easier for littler children to use. Colin solved it for Xavier by reconfiguring for minimum dead space. Also, we found that name-brand mini-mallows work best - the chain brand were a little smaller and didn't block the pipe enough to get good pressure.

Also, watch out for Matt - I think he is planning some sort of marshmallow arsenal to include a chain gun and a shotgun of some sort. I saw him working on some frightening sketches around the campfire.

jeandiver:
You know , I am thinking about chaining da Fool and H2Andy together at Ginnie during the festivities!!! Now WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN?

Kinky!!!
Don't get me started dearie. :wink:

ORANGE !!!!

Arsenal? Moi? :D

BLUE !!!!

PS: does anyone know the weight of the typical marshmallow? Regular, mini, and perhaps Peep (in grams)?
Just curious. :D

that does it, I'm calling the MTF...you know the Marshmallow Tobacco and Firearms... This could get out of hand.

We at the Bureau of Toys and Food have been made aware of a dangerous plot involving TWO domestic terrorist organizations. The plot involves the Peep Liberation Organica, allying with the Rabid Columbian River Otter Brigade in an attempt to eliminate, once and for all, the threat of a group of radical environmentalists, responsible for the sinking of the U.S.S. Oriskany off the Florida coast in the summer of 2006. This group, which we will hereafter call "The Divers", has an environmentally agitating habit of occupying natural bodies of water and creating bubbles of all kind.
In recent years, the anti-diver violence has escalated to other groups entering the fray, such as the "Dugongs Under Hysterics", which have begun hunting The Divers in their own environment. Dugongs have been sighted in and around dive shops in many areas frequented by The Divers, in an effort to infect them by physical contact, thereby transferring a horrible virus called "The Animal Interaction Bug." This virus immediately begins to alter the thinking patterns of The Divers into losing focus on all daily life activities just to get more "hits" of "The Bug", as if it were a heroin addiction. It also begins to empty their wallet, making them feel drained after the experience, but still looking for their next fix.
We have reason to believe that the violence has escalated to the use of "green weapon technology" utilising naturally occuring elements, combined with manmade devices to confront these increasing dangers. The Divers may, in fact, have devised self-destructive weapons to be used in this conflict that may even be turned against each other. Warning! These "Divers" and anyone they come in contact with may become infected with the most chronic form of viral infection known to man, "The Florida Conch Divers" infection. It causes uncontrollable laughter, an urge to cook raw meats over an open flame, consume alcohol, and submerge themselves, or each other underwater for extended periods of time. During the worst outbreak of this disease, it has been known to convert other humans' DNA to actually mutate them into its collective, similar to a popular Sci-Fi Race. These "Divers", and this collective they form, referred to by their leader The DSW, are called "The ScubaBorg." They are extemely dangerous to the "Boredom Gene" and have been known to occasionally eradicate it completely from their immune systems. You have been warned. The area we expect to find the most imminent upcoming outbreak will be in the Santa Fe River basin, near the Ginnie Springs camp area known as Turkey Roost. Please advise others you may come in contact with, lest they feel inclined to submit to their boredom gene and beco,.............
**** LINE INTERFERENCE****
We are the ScubaBorg, Lower your buoyancy and surrender your alcohol. Your gear will adapt to service us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is adjustable. :cyborg:
****INERFERENCE ENDS****
Sincerely,
The Bureau of Toys and Food

Mistress Jean, do I really have to share a sleeping bag with Andy? He bites and he smells like sheep.

Better than to smell of Eldeberries! Now, begone before I taunt you a second time!

Scubafool, how do you know what sheep in a sleeping bag smell like??? Alternative lifestyle? On second thought, don't tell me. NOOO!!! Too late!! Image burned into mind!!!:yuck: :bawling: :l:

Crawdad is no longer available, as he is in the closet, in the fetal position with his thumb in his mouth.

scubafool:
Mistress Jean, do I really have to share a sleeping bag with Andy? He bites and he smells like sheep.

dude, this is so wrong at so many levels!

it's like Brokeback Mountain meets Mary Queen of Scotts

say no MORE

:wink:

scubafool:

LMAO !!!!
GADS!!!!!

That is TOO FUNNY !!!!

Man oh man ... Thanks for the smile :D

Er Andy:

I LOVE YOUR COMMENT TOO !!!

Jeano Beano

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom