Meg teeth In Georgia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tattoomeister:
We find them on the beach. I have found four Megs in the last two months, the smallest was 2" and the largest was 5 1/8". The big one was missing one corner of the root though. They say these teeth come from dredge sand replenishment of the beach, but I think there has to be some in open water somewhere.
But since going to Venice, I have been doing some diving off Fernandina Beach looking for a sweet spot, but haven't found it yet.

thats pretty big man! anyway i was wondering how you found it? it was just there on the beach?

diverjed:
Let me know what you find over the weekend.

I found the spot but the vis is like 0 to 1 inch. No lie, it is like looking through black coffee and the current is extreme, so you would have to dive it at slack tide, giving you 45 to 60 minutes max before the current starts ripping in the opposite direction.
It is a hole about 45 feet deep.
I am going to have to do some more low vis diving to get my balls up for this one. If you are still interested, I have the boat and I will take you there, but as I said, I need some more low vis experience before going to 0 vis like this spot.
The diver that told me about this spot said the best way to dive it is completely close your eyes and go by feel.

Spoon:
thats pretty big man! anyway i was wondering how you found it? it was just there on the beach?
Yup, just laying on the beach at the high tide line. But I have spent countless hours walking the beaches looking for these teeth.
I would prefer finding some good dive locations for the teeth.

tattoomeister:
I found the spot but the vis is like 0 to 1 inch. No lie, it is like looking through black coffee and the current is extreme, so you would have to dive it at slack tide, giving you 45 to 60 minutes max before the current starts ripping in the opposite direction.
It is a hole about 45 feet deep.
I am going to have to do some more low vis diving to get my balls up for this one. If you are still interested, I have the boat and I will take you there, but as I said, I need some more low vis experience before going to 0 vis like this spot.
The diver that told me about this spot said the best way to dive it is completely close your eyes and go by feel.

Sure, worth checking out. Sundays work best for me, let me know whenever.
Appreciate it.

Diverjed (Jon)

Back
Top Bottom