Meg BOV options - Divesoft vs ISC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Meg runs backwards of most rebreathers since the loop direction is backwards,
I thought the gas flow of the Meg was Right to Left?
If so this is in line with every commercial/professional and military rebreather on the market. And hence why it was done that way!
Yes, that's more than I'm willing to change. I'm also fine with the O2 MAV where it is on my CL. I wonder if I can get a dil MAV only. As I said, I could use that one for sure, both as a replacement for the MGB I lost when I got the minnows and because the Meg ADV is not my favorite and I'm tired of having to fiddle with and feather the ADV shutoff valve every time I need a little more loop volume.
If you're using a right to left gas flow unit and want a BOV with the LOWEST WOB in both OC and CC modes, the Open Safety ALVBOV offers you an alternative option. It will also lower the WOB of your rebreather as an added bonus.
The ALVBOV comes with an integrated dil MAV (OC purge button when in CC mode), single finger bailout trigger to OC, is neutral inwater and doesn't require hose weights, includes a gag/retainer strap and the breathing hoses shorten to work with a variety of CL options as default.

OC WOB https://www.opensafetyglobal.com/Safety_files/DV_DL_ALVBOV_Breathing_Params_A3_100318.pdf
CC WOB
0.57J/L at 40msw, in air, at a 75 lpm RMV.

Back
Top Bottom