Meg 15 (or other CCR) flying tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carryon is def the best options, most units will fit. Unfortunately, some airports (like my home airport, Cancun) won’t let you through security with it. Used to be no problem, but sometime in 2020 they started saying “no” without an explanation. I’ve tried 2 more times since, each time I had to go back and check the bag. At $200 each time.

Now I just check the can and carry the head and loop on. Works fine, need to be careful with delrin cans, but aluminum and black amalgam

lol and prepare to be stopped EVERY TIME you go through security because I bet that looks EXACTLY what I would expect a bomb to look like on x-ray lol
that's why you open up your bag and spread out parts in bins. The TSA appreciates you making the effort to make their job easier and it reduces the chance of them handling your stuff. having a print out in big letters "This is complicated diving equipment that my life depends on" can help as well.

YMMV, but attitude goes a long way.

Tiburon here, I check in the whole unit, along with some clothing for padding, in a Pelican case . One of the light weight "Air" ones or whatever they are called. My carryons are already full of camera gear, lithium batteries, laptop, lights (that lithium thing again), etc. If I had room I would probably put the loop in my carryon but I don't have the room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom