Meditation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone here practice meditation?

Prayer yes. Helps clear the mind and find peace.

:halo: :whome:

I'm with Rooster,

I also pray which science has proved can have the same effects on the body as meditation.

Chad

Meditate...
1. To think... we think about what we are doing and consider as much as we can.
2. To plan... we plan our dive and dive our plan.
3. To contemplate in a devotional manner... we sure do... my dive scripture is Psalm 107:23-24

I meditate with a class. I am naturally high-strung & need lots of help to relax, otherwise my quiet time becomes a jumble of what I should have done vs. what I should do in the future. Having a technique has helped.

I know of several divers that have taken up yoga and meditation to improve their breathing rate. And it really does seem to work. It is something that I want to get into.

I guess I do, its not a sit cross legged and say OHM kind of meditation. I find my self staring out across the ocean, and it seems so peaceful. I am alone with my thoughts, and it's really nice and relaxing.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Meditate...
1. To think... we think about what we are doing and consider as much as we can.
2. To plan... we plan our dive and dive our plan.
3. To contemplate in a devotional manner... we sure do... my dive scripture is Psalm 107:23-24

Uncle Pug! Great post. I love the scripture quote. Part of the fun of diving for me is seeing more of the beauty of creation and contemplating the masterful artistry of the creator.

Wonderful to hear the variety of spiritual expressions among divers. I know a diver who calls his Sunday morning dives "church" because it's where he communes with his Higher Power. If this sport can enhance our contact with God, we are on the right track!

Only when I am under the water and have tuned out everyone and everything. Not that I do not keep my buddy in mind and make sure they are close by. But when I am diving I feel close to heaven, it is always so peaceful and beautiful. I am so much in awe at the wonder that God has created for us to take part in and my heart fills with joy and happiness.

Rich :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom