Medical Waiver Form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went on a trip arranged by an LDS. Had to sign the waiver from the LDS as well as a waiver for the boat op when we got there. Each shop (and boat op) you dive with will have their own policies and will probably not accept anything other than their particular form.

Personally, I think they should just shorten the forms to:

If something happens, you agree it's not our fault and you won't sue us. No matter what it was or what caused or contributed to the thing that happened.

Signed _________________________

I just went on a trip arranged by an LDS. Had to sign the waiver from the LDS as well as a waiver for the boat op when we got there. Each shop (and boat op) you dive with will have their own policies and will probably not accept anything other than their particular form.

Personally, I think they should just shorten the forms to:

If something happens, you agree it's not our fault and you won't sue us. No matter what it was or what caused or contributed to the thing that happened.

Signed _________________________

I agree but that is not what I am talking about. Since I have a medical issue that will mean I answer YES to a question on EVERY dive shop's form, I will need to show them MY DOCTOR'S signature saying that I am fit to dive. (see previous post about getting clearance from cardiologist)

so what FORM does everyone carry with them, with their doctor's approval on it???

We posted essentially simultaneously. I've seen page two (especially the bottom part) of what I linked widely (universally?) accepted.

Hmm, the only time I've filled out one of those forms was prior to taking OW class. I initially filled out (and had my doctors fill out) the SSI form, but ended up training with a NAUI shop who had separate forms they wanted filled out. I've never been asked to fill something like that out since then - they just want my C-card and a waiver. Do you get asked for it on some trips?

Hmm, the only time I've filled out one of those forms was prior to taking OW class. I initially filled out (and had my doctors fill out) the SSI form, but ended up training with a NAUI shop who had separate forms they wanted filled out. I've never been asked to fill something like that out since then - they just want my C-card and a waiver. Do you get asked for it on some trips?

There is a form that all dive shops have you fill out the first day, at least everywhere I have been, both Land-Based and Liveaboards. It asks basically the same questions. If you answer YES to any question on the form, you have to provide a signed letter from your doctor saying he clears you for diving. I have never answered yes until now... so I am trying to figure out what form I need to give my doctor to sign so I can carry it with me.

There is a form that all dive shops have you fill out the first day, at least everywhere I have been, both Land-Based and Liveaboards. It asks basically the same questions. If you answer YES to any question on the form, you have to provide a signed letter from your doctor saying he clears you for diving. I have never answered yes until now... so I am trying to figure out what form I need to give my doctor to sign so I can carry it with me.

Is there some reason you want the dive op to know about your condition? Have you given any consideration to a dive ops refusing to accept your doctor's clearance?

So what would happen if you answered "no".
net outcome seems the same to me, your heirs couldn't sue your Dr. For your poor judgement.

So what would happen if you answered "no".
net outcome seems the same to me, your heirs couldn't sue your Dr. For your poor judgement.

You can not waive the legal rights of others (like your heirs).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom