Medical forms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skittl1321

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
(Okay- so I know I should just email the op and ask, but I don't want them to think I'm crazy. You all already think that, so I thought I'd just check here.)

So last year when I dove we were required to fill out the PADI medical forms on the boat, and since I have a "yes" on it, that also means she needed my doctor's approval note, which I had brought with me.

Is this standard practice for all ops? Should I go ahead and scan and email the form to the op, so I don't have to remember to bring it to Cozumel?

Since you are going to be in a foreign country and if you are going to declare a "yes" I would certainly get with the dive op to see what they are going to require. There are locations that will NOT honor a medical from outside the country. Nothing worse then going to dive and being told you need to go to a local doc for clearance.

Is this standard practice for all ops? Should I go ahead and scan and email the form to the op, so I don't have to remember to bring it to Cozumel?

Hi Skittl.

I don't know if it's standard practice, but it should be. I agree with warmwaterturner: scan and send it ahead of time and discuss it with the dive op. I highly doubt that they will prevent you from diving, but it's good that they're aware beforehand in case there are any preparations they need to make.

Always better safe than sorry.

Happy and SAFE diving!

Eileen

So last year when I dove we were required to fill out the PADI medical forms on the boat, and since I have a "yes" on it, that also means she needed my doctor's approval note, which I had brought with me.

With whom did you dive, and were you taking a class of some kind?

With whom did you dive, and were you taking a class of some kind?

Scuba with Alison, and no- just 5 days of 2 tank diving.

---------- Post added August 26th, 2014 at 04:05 PM ----------

Since you are going to be in a foreign country and if you are going to declare a "yes" I would certainly get with the dive op to see what they are going to require. There are locations that will NOT honor a medical from outside the country. Nothing worse then going to dive and being told you need to go to a local doc for clearance.

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about that. If they need a loc doc, I'll book with someone else. There is no way one would be able to properly clear the issue- the medical history is really complicated, and they wouldn't have all my records.

I bit the bullet and emailed to ask.

If they need a loc doc, I'll book with someone else. .

Of course THEY will require a local doc. Probably two!! Come and dive with us!

(Sadly, I am SURE if they require the form, any doc will do. They are NOT making you see a local doc. I would be floored if ANY op in Coz required that.)

Why answer "yes" to any possible contraindication to diving if your own doctor at home has satisfied you that you are fine to dive? The purpose of the form is to protect the dive op from YOU.

Scuba with Alison, and no- just 5 days of 2 tank diving.

---------- Post added August 26th, 2014 at 04:05 PM ----------

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about that. If they need a loc doc, I'll book with someone else. There is no way one would be able to properly clear the issue- the medical history is really complicated, and they wouldn't have all my records.

I bit the bullet and emailed to ask.

I think you will find that many (most or all) ops in Coz require a medical form. If you know you are OK to dive, why not just answer "NO" and avoid any possible problems.

I afraid not correct answer "No" may cause to insurance issue later.
I remember that one of questions were "If you are over 45". Now I am... Thinking if I need to take with me any document from doctor and how to receive it. At least my family doctor have no clue about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom