media squeezed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustAddWater

Reaction score
It has been a few months since The Last publication of Skin Diver, and I have to admit; I miss my subscription that I had through my DAN membership. I've also noticed during my occaisional channel surfs that OLN hasn't aired Dive Today. Do any of you have info on possible resurrections / substitutions of either? (I'm not counting Sports Illustrated's swim suit edition.)

Skin Diver magazine is no more - subscribers now receive Rodale's Scuba Diving in it's place (they bought the scubscriber base from the publishers after the decision was made to fold the magazine). I guess DAN members just miss out.

Hey JAW, long time no hear buddy. Hope all is well.

Dive Today, I believe, went out of production after Dave Taylor left Rodales. I have heard that OLN periodically will show a Dive Today episode but I believe they are repeats. Can't confirm that though because I no longer get the channel.

Were Dive Today and Sport Diver Magazine both somehow affiliated? I thought Sport Diver Magazine was a PADI thing? I used to record both shows every week, but I haven't seen either of them in quite some time.

I'm not sure about the affiliation of the two. I think that if Elk Count, Bill Dance and Turkey Call can get decent air time ( no complaints- I'm a hunter and fisherman too) on OLN, some how we could get a nice show on diving.

socaldiver,
All is well..very well. Thanks for asking. I've been enjoying much time with my baby daughter and remodeling our home, so my fins have been dry, and I haven't had much time on the computer the past few months. I see the light at the end of the tunnel on the remodeling job, so I anticipate taking my next plunge in the Big Blue soon. My little girl's indoctrination as a diver has also begun.
Take care
JAW

I do know that OLN has recently been covering the America's cup races, so maybe dive today was bumped to make room for that?

I don't know for sure but it sound good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom