Media Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, currently living in San Luis Potosi, MX and have been to Media Luna a couple of times. When the conditions are good Jan-March it can be a nice diversion. At other times of the year it doubles as the local swimming hole, plan on being in the water before 9 for the best vis.

Its not really a dive destination in itself. But could be a nice part to an adventure trip. Rio Verde is the gateway to the Huasteca area waterfalls, rafting, kayaking, caving, ruins etc.

Places to look into close to Media Luna-Tammul, Xillita, Tamasopo, and Cuidad Valles.

Places to look into close to Media Luna-Tammul, Xillita, Tamasopo, and Cuidad Valles.

You mean for diving or for other activities?

Hi Raad,

Since you live in the area, are there any local specialty dishes we should try? I will be there in early March and would like to know what kind of temps (out of the water) we can expect.

Thanks,
Driftwood

Driftwood-Temps in March In San Luis about 50 at night and 75 during the day. In Rio Verde and Huasteca its about 10 degrees warmer.

Foods, The mole is pretty good in Huasteca, anything with handmade corn totillas, Chamurro Pibil (pork shank cooked in a bananna leaf, and pozole (chicken soup with hominey). Also try the chilles de arbole about 1/4" round little peppers that are about the hottest thing going.

All-Media Luna is the best dive spot that I know of but the guy that runs the shop also offers a trip to dive under a waterfall don't know the details. Besides that its pretty much hiking, rafting, etc. There is only one dive shop by media luna I cant remember the name, you'll know it when you find it.

The dive shop is Buceo Media Luna and owned by Ossiel Martinez. The dive under the waterfall is Puente de Dios.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom