Measuring for a Cave Cut TLS350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I fill my own tanks and dive off my own boat. I haven't been in a dive shop in years...

How can I figure out who to trust measuring me for a cave cut TLS350? Obviously some dealers handle these suits more than others but they all want my business and "talk the talk"...

Alternatively, when would an experienced measurer from DUI be in Western WA?

Ideas please, by PM if that's appropriate.
Thanks

What about a regular tailor? I'm sure they measure more people than anyone else. Does DUI just take the measurements as specified and make adjustments to give you the fit you desire?

Regardless, I've been wondering about this too.

Hunter

send bobby franklin (prolly best place is tds, and i think he's bobby f there) a pm. i know he has some ideas and was really happy with his last suit.

Andy Huber at Ocean Adventures in SoCal.

The man's a savant... genius.
I've never seen such perfect suits as those measured and "adapted" by him.

He has a list of mods, including the placement of the shoulder dump valve.

The man's a wizard, really.

~~~
Claudette

Hello!

In regards to finding a dealer to measure you...all of our dealers have been trained and equipped with instructions and video as to how to measure for a DUI suit specifically. That being said, typically, a dealer that is designated as a "Premier" dealer has quite a bit of experience. We have a list of dealers available on our website...

Find Your Nearest DUI Dealer

When we receive the measurements at DUI, we review the measurements and notify the dealer if there are any flags.

You mentioned your interest in a cave cut. It is important to remember with a cave cut, the suit is a much snugger fit and may restrict some of your full range of motion.

Typically, we do not recommend getting measured by a tailor for our drysuits because the measurements need to be taken in different places than a tailor would take measurements for clothing.

We were recently in Tacoma for the DUI demo days. As of right now, the next time DUI is scheduled to be in Washington is next August.

Feel free to contact me directly if you need further assistance finding a dealer to best meet your needs.

Thank you,

Jessica
DUI
jessica@dui-online.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom