Me or the reg or both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101:
Well, the general concensus is it was me and not the reg. I am more enclined to think it was 20% reg and 80% me. I must have looked like a trunk fish trying to get air out of that thing. By the way, I am not bashing any particular brand of reg.

I still vote for hardware problem (reg or tank).

A first class reg (I have no idea if that one qualifies) will let you and your buddy suck like hoovers at any depth with no noticeable breathing effort.

Terry

between me and my wife we have two mares rigs, and since i posted my experience of this type earlier in this thread my wifes rig has now had a malfunctin, slighlty different but a problem none the less. i would also cast my vote on the equipment, although a little bit of anxiety will definitely add to the problem at hand.

Yes, that was me, and it happened in Bonne Terre mine this past February. I had an over zealous "safety diver" who kept spinning me around and messing with something behind me when no help was needed or wanted. I FINALLY had to push him away and it turns out, he "accidentally" turned my air off within 1/4 of a turn!!!! I thought I was having a heart attack or panic episode at 50' down! Symptoms were identical to what you experienced.

Back
Top Bottom