McNeill Point, Victoria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You saw a purple ring top snail there? Very nice. I was starting to think those didn't exist north of California.

I might try the site out this weekend. I hope all of this rain isn't overflowing out of the pipe.

It sounds like vis in Victoria is at about 15ft right now?

deepdiverbc:
You saw a purple ring top snail there? Very nice. I was starting to think those didn't exist north of California.

I might try the site out this weekend. I hope all of this rain isn't overflowing out of the pipe.

It sounds like vis in Victoria is at about 15ft right now?
Ring Top snails are pretty common on the Juan De Fuca side of Victoria. I've seen them at Ogden Point, Ten Mile Pt, Saxe Point and Enterprise Channel. They are probably at other local places too, but I just didn't notice them. The last few weeks, vis has been around 10-20 feet on that side of Victoria. I haven't been to Saanich Inlet for about a month so I don't know how it is there.

I've seen lots of the blue top snails but not the purple ringed ones. They are on my must photograph list.

Thanks for the vis report.

The one in your McNeil Bay cover page is a purple ring top snail, it has purple and gold on it. The blue top snail looks brown and white underwater and I have seen lots of those.

Nice photo of the purple ring variety BTW.

Back
Top Bottom