Mayan Riviera Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just another vote for Dive Aventuras. We dove with them on 2 trips. They were great, and very aware of divers' abilities. Check their website. They do weekly (or so) dive reports, and have an avid following. They were easy to use from our AIs (Xpu Ha Palace & Aventura Spa Palace). I would also rec. booking on your own, though.

If you have trouble getting replies at all, they do have problems down there with spotty internet, FYI.

For your best deal try Vacationrentals.com you can rent houses condos etc a a good price. I just spent a week in Puerto Aventuras in a great condo for $1000.00 for the week. We had two couples so it is cheap. I also had 10 dives with Aquanauts Dive Center (formally Diablo Divers), they were great the dive masters are really attentive to your wishes and the safety is second to none. Dennis Weeks and his staff are very accomodating. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Ther are some great restaurants and bars in the area. If you want a great meal go to Chicago Restaurent on Calle 6 Norte just off 5th Ave. Expensive but absolutly the best restaurant in PDC.

Thanks for interesting post. We will be diving with Dive Aventuras in the summer. Got good responses to emails but it is helpful to hear a positive report from soneone who has actually been there. Many positives on the board for Diablo Divers but two emails and two phone calls yielded no response - we were asking about packages and on the phone they said they would contact us.

How were Dive Aventuras organised? We can see that they serve a number of hotels. What was the diver to guide ratio that you experienced, and did they split divers up according to ability? Also, was there any flexibility in where they took you?

Which cenote did you dive?

Sorry for interrogation!

I just got off the phone with Dennis. Best time to reach him is after 2pm CDT at the shop - toll free 1-877-623-2491

Did my OW Certification at the Iberostar properties with Dressel Divers is October 2007. We stayed at the Iberostar Grand which is their top-of-the-line AI. It was well worth the money!! Being a noob, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to give an opinion on Dressel, other than to say I thoroughly enjoyed my instruction and all the staff went out of their way to be helpful. They were a bit more expensive than other operators, but the convenience of having them on-site was worth it.

Next: On to Cozumel in 24 days!!

Back
Top Bottom