May move to Boise, Idaho

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We might be moving to Boise, Idaho soon. Is there much diving going on there? I have searched this site and not found much. I just want to get wet and not have to wear a dry suit. I guess I could do a 7mil, just wondering what you've got for diving in the area. It's got to be warmer than Alaska. :D

Don't know much about diving around Boise, but there is great diving in Cour d'Alene. There is also some pretty good diving in Yellowstone Park. We have some ok diving around Bozeman.

I can get you more info on the above if interested. If you make it near Bozeman, drop me a line.

Hunter

there are a few sites lucky peak res.,warm lake, redfish,and some ponds and others call boise water sports they do dives that all are welcome to go on every wed. in the summer.

I didn't dive when I was there this past Frbruary, but I did find a really good shop that I'd recommend checking out. It's called Dive Magic and they are located on South Vista Avenue, not too far from the airport as I recall.

I am on the opposite side of the state and am still warming up from 3 dives this evening in the Ashton Resevoir. Vis here can be variable and current tough if you river dive. Many lakes offer good diving opportunities.

The diving community here is small but fairly hardy with 7mm and dry suits being the order of the day. When I dove Catalina last week I found the water quite comfy by comparison.

Dive Magic is a great shop and I highly recommend Mike and the gang there.

There isn't a lot of diving around the area, but many people dive either dive the warm springs 3-4 hours south in Utah, head over to Puget Sound, or do some of the high altitude lake diving in the summer months.

Unfortunately the locals here do lots of diving. You can dive Tuesday night with the dive club, Wednesday night with one shop and Thursday night with another shop. They dive in lots of things that I think of as ponds or puddles. Yes, I am a bit of a snob. They have been nice to me, and I will try and make a few more dives with them this summer. My first dive with them, about 10 divers, 7mm wet suits are the norm. I went dry. When I crawled out it appeared that most had lasted around 30 minutes. Couldn't tell for sure as my buddy and I were last in and last out. I lasted 62 minutes, max depth 47ft, water temp 57dg's and vis about 8 feet. That was the Lucky Peak Reservoir. Did my next dive in the YMCA pool. Actually lots of action. This weekend some of them are up in McCall diving and next weekend a bunch will be up at Redfish lake.

A social group, just a lot of work for a few beers. I will be much more active in the future, but now, time to escape the heat till September.

adios don O

All I know is that my trip to Belize this next february will seem like heaven. We get lots of chances to dive under less than great conditions and it makes me3 appreciate good conditions all the more.

i dove this weekend about 2 hrs from boise @lost valley res. didn't even wear a wet suit water temp 68 could see 15-20' nice warm water for idaho.not a real deep lake, mabey 30'-40 in the deepest but it was fun camping out in the trees and diving.

Back
Top Bottom