May 2016 Roll Call... ¡Vámonos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, that's the thing about Orbitz and other discount services. They give you great deals but they survive on thin margin high volume bulk buys of airline seats and hotel rooms. They aren't well set up to handle single case difficulties and once they have your money they don't want to go back and help you if something screws up. You have to take the good with the bad, I suppose.

Ya thats what I am doing. Just goona take the good with the bad. I was very excited to try a new place though. Oh well I guess. I still left feedback with orbitz, bc I think since I was still trying to purchase a new trip with them but they werent willing to help me, it just makes it worse. Makes me more mad at them.

vannsbtch, I'd be seething. I guess you are, too. That used to be my favorite hotel on the island and for my family that was an important part of the trip.

We have started hitting the Presidente for dinner for the fancy experience....

Is someone going to start consolidating the May list? Will I finally get to meet cvchief? I was supposed to when I was there last May but my trip got suddenly cut short.

Ok so we are still going May 12-19, staying at Secrets, diving with Palancar.

Question though, we havent ever went on a dive north of town, are they worth it? If so who should we use to dive up there?

Woo Hoo for May!

Peeps................................... Dates........................Staying..................... Dive OP

Larry (diver) and Mechelle .......4/16 - 5/7..................Residencias Reef ......DWM
Loree and Greg ........................4/27-5/15 .................Casa Mexicana...........Liquid Blue Divers
Dirty Dog, Kim & Sue................5/4-5/11....................Sabor..........................Aldora
ggunn and the thundering herd. 5/4-5/16...................Blue Angel..................Blue Angel
Sharky & Boss..........................5/12-5/24..................Blue Angel...................BA&Tres Pelicanos
Los Pescadores GL's................5/12-5/2....................HCR&BA....................Scuba with Alison
mstevens & family ....................5/13-5/21..................Casa Suzana.............(hope you get to dive!!)
Steve & Corrine.........................5/13-5/29..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Josh & Miranda..........................5/14-5/27..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Scott & Julie...............................5/12-5/21..................Las Uvas Condo.........ScubaLife Cozumel
Molli & Fallyn..............................5/13 -5/21.................Las Uvas Condo.........non-divers
Diverokc.....................................5/13-5/30.................Compadre's Casa......Dive Paradise
Soonerwatch & Family...............5/28-6/4...................Iberostar......................Dressel (possibly)
Jay & Cheryl…………………….5/18-6/14….……….Mi Casa………………Tres Pelicanos
John & Leona……………………5/4-5/11….………. Iberostar …………..…Dressel
BBC and EHC…………………..5/2-5/13…..……… Villa Aldora…………… Aldora
Mack and Carole………………. 5/28 -6/4….……….El Cantil……………… BlueXTsea
Jay and Ramon…………………5/10-5/15…....…… Villa Aldora…………... Aldora
Jenni7748……………………….5/14-5/19……………?.........................?
CVChief, Susanita, +2 ……...... 5/11-5/21……..…..Casa De Jefe…………Scuba with Alison
Ryan & Lily………………….......5/1-5/9…………... Sabor………………..... Dive House
Vannsbtch & Hubby ……………5/12-5/19………….Secrets……….....……Palancar

We have always wanted to go up the dirt road to Punta Moles in the NE part of the island. I know you are not suppose to take rentals up there. Any suggestions on how to get there, like UTV, buggy rentals? Thinking on maybe trying those electric bikes but don't see room for the beer cooler.

this year we are going to rent a jeep and go to the top of the island too...not the part you are talking about. we tried one time in a car and chickened out. we just wanna see what it looks like. what is suppose to be up at Punta Moles?

There isn't much up Punta Molas way except a lighthouse and very small ruins. Honestly I think the attraction is more that it is "off-limits" than anything. On the NW side there is a rustic marina up there & Isla de la Pasion where the cruise sheeple usually have shore excursions. Don't think there is any way to get to Passion Island w/o a (tour) boat. Have heard that the road is under construction, will be paved the entire way up to the marina someday. There are some nice lagoons up north for fly fishing but you need someone to get you into them.

Back
Top Bottom