May 10 -17 Photos & Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It came and went much too quickly, but we all had an excellent time. We stayed at the Residencia Reef condos and dove with Blue XT Sea. Blue XT Sea was able to pick us up at the dock(which was in doubt up till the time we got there) so it was very convenient. We really enjoyed diving with Blanca & Arturo and our Scubaboard companions AWAP & Tundra_Trog and their wives. Other than the unpredictable currents, the diving was first class. The Residencias were extremely nice and the cook we hired was terrific...I would highly recommend this arrangement if you have a group of 6 or more.

Mike & Connie

Pics & video in the link below:

.Mac Web Gallery

LOVE the pictures!

It really has made me even more anxious to get down there!

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Budaman,

Very cool photos. Was that free swimming eel in the day or night?

How was Residencias Reef? We stayed at El Cantil the week before but want to look into Residencias for our next trip. How is the location? Are there any restaurants or beach clubs close enough to walk to? How much is the cab ride to town? Any info on Residencias is appreciated. I know about the pier/dive op problem, but I wouldn't mind paying the extra few $ if that was necessary.

The eel was on a day dive...we ended up not doing any night dives.

We really liked the RR's....it was perfect for what we wanted.....just kick back & relax,like being on the East End of Grand Cayman. Carlos n Charlies,San Francisco and Paradise beach clubs are right next door with the first one being about the same distance as the wooden pier from the condos. Closest freestanding restaurant would probably be Albertos, but it is 5KM away. A car would be nice if you can swing it and you have assigned parking at the condos. We rented a van the 3 days I was there and then Connie rented it again the last day. It cost $330 for the 3 days with all insurance & $130 for the last day, but the convenience factor was worth the cost. It enabled us to load all six of us plus all our dive gear at the airport without having to deal with the shuttles...that would have been about $170 just for that to get to the condos. It also enabled us to get over to Coconuts & Bob Marleys with the minimum of fuss.

Very quick to the dive sites also...over the course of the week we dove the three Palancar sites,Columbia sites, Dalila & Francesco, Yukab,Chankanaab Balones and Paradise.

Also, I have to give credit to Connie for the photos.....I was attemting to shoot video with my new rig, but the currents and not having dove in a year, made it so difficult, I gave up after the first day & concentrated on just having a good time & getting used to the unnatural act of breathing underwater....and yes, I made Connie come up way before she needed.....can you say AIRHOG! She is a much better diver than I am.....it usually takes me a couple of days to get my breathing regulated to where we have about the same bottom times.

Mike

I was very impressed with the Condominium. I may look into that for my next stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom