Maui the last week of Jan/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cprowler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are staying around the Ka'anapali Beach area and looking for Dive operator and site recommendations.

Thanks!

Bigger boat - Lahaina Divers. Divesites: off Lanai - Cathedrals, Sharkfin, Pyramids.

Most people also enjoy Molokini Crater - either a long ride from Lahaina or a 45 min. drive to Kihei and a much shorter ride with Ed Robinsons, B&B Scuba or Mike Severns.

Smaller boat - Extended Horizons - IIRC they leave from Mala Wharf in nearby Lahaina.

Shore diving - Old Airport (Kahekili) Beach or maybe the Sheraton Black Rock. You can also get some other ideas at:
http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/Hawaii/Maui/

One or both of them also go to Molokai at certain times. Might see Hammerheads over there. It's a rough crossing though from what I've read.

Hawaii tends to have rougher conditions in the winter. Even locally off Maui when the tradewinds pickup in the afternoon, most diveops won't go across to Lanai or Molokini but instead dive along the coast.

You'll probably hear Humpbacks now also. And see them on the surface during the ride.

I think I'm going with Lahaina Divers, I'm going to call them in the morning to pick the days and sites I'm going to dive.

Consider a day with Extended Horizons. This op typically does trips to the south side of Lanai to dive the Cathedrals (I and II.) They go out of the harbor on the north side of Lahaina which is convenient for those staying in Kaanapali.

Sounds like you have a plan....make sure you post a trip report when you get back and let us know how the diving and experience was! :)

I just got certified through Lahaina Divers and did do a boat trip with them, they were great. You'll have a wonderful time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom