Maui Shore Diving is out for a day or two

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Looks like we have another south swell hitting this weekend. It's really made the Wailea and Makena dive sites rough this morning. The Kona winds are hitting over here and bringing some Vog with them too. I know several boat operators cancelled today. Anyone planning on diving the shore for the next couple of days would be wise to go have a look first. It was so nice last week too!!!! Bummer!

With the south swell picking up would Honolua be diveable?

Found this following a link from Glen James site;

MAUI COUNTY LEEWARD WATERS-
1016 AM HST FRI MAR 9 2007

TODAY:
South winds 15 kt. Wind waves 5 ft. Northwest swell 5 ft. Scattered showers late in the morning, then isolated showers in the afternoon.

TONIGHT:
South winds 15 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. Mixed swell northwest 5 ft and south 3 ft. Scattered showers.

SATURDAY:
South winds 15 kt. Wind waves 4 ft. Northwest swell 7 ft and south 3 ft. Numerous showers in the morning, then scattered showers in the afternoon.

SATURDAY NIGHT:
Northeast winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell north 5 ft and south 3 ft. Scattered showers.

SUNDAY:
East winds 10 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. Mixed swell north 5 ft and south 3 ft. Scattered showers.

SUNDAY NIGHT:
East winds 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell north 5 ft and south 3 ft. Scattered showers.

MONDAY:
East winds 10 kt. Wind waves 3 ft. Mixed swell north 3 to 4 ft and south 3 ft. Scattered showers.

TUESDAY:
South winds 10 to 15 kt. Wind waves 3 to 4 ft. Northwest swell 5 to 6 ft. Scattered showers.

Conclusion - Hard to say, probably everywhere will suck for a while, especially if it rains enough for runnoff. If anyone finds good conditions anywhere give a shout!

I was originally planning on doing a 3 tank boat dive today, but after looking at the forecast yesterday I didn't bother booking a spot; and a neighbor and I just canceled our plans to take out his 24' trimaran Saturday.

I've got my fingers crossed regarding shore dive conditions Sunday morning, since that will be my last opportunity to dive before heading back to the mainland for the season.

I'll probably go do Ulua Sunday morning, even if it means the first 10 minutes are braille diving and the entry/exit will be a combination of body surfing and scuba. :)

The viz at the Maui Ocean Center was gorgeous today... the shark tank must have had 75'+! :D

Hi All,

We've arrived in Maui and are going out today with Extended Horizons. Don't know where we're headed - it will depend on the conditions. Right now, outside, it's looking.... dark. I like heading west, no problems getting up in the morning.

I'll try to post something useful when we get back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom