Maui Pix 10-14 Molokini and Marty's Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did Deep and Digital Underwater Photography specialties with Tom and Jen. Kris and David came too and played with a white tip. The Maui Diamond crew kindly let us do Marty's Reef - a real treat - THANKS DON!

Kris, Tom And Jen on the Maui Diamond
KrisTomJen.jpg

David and the white tip.
DavidAndWhiteTip.jpg

Blue Stripe Snappers
blueStripes.jpg

Chub under the boat.
chub.jpg

Jen
Jen.jpg

Tom
Tom.jpg

Kris
Kris.jpg

David
david.jpg

TrumpetFish
Trumpet.jpg

Soldiers and Tangs
tangsSoldierfish.jpg

Tako
tako.jpg

Sponge Crab
spongecrab.jpg

Crown of Thorns
COT.jpg

Racoon ButterflyFish
racoonbutterfly.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice

Thanks for posting the pictures from Molokini and Marty's Reef. I especially liked the close-up shot of the trumpet fish. Thank you also for including a topside shot and pictures of divers in the water. Including such shots helps us to envision the whole experience, giving us a feeling that we were (virtually) part of that dive trip.

Here in Edmonton, the lake diving season is definitely over. It hasn't snowed yet, and the temp has managed to stay on the warm side (for us). Nevertheless, the local diving consists of pool sessions, and planning for future dive trips. Only 114 days left till my next trip to Maui!

Peace,
Dave

Did you find the U/W Photography actually taught you a lot? I took an intro to U/W Photography course (2 hours plus one dive) in Bonaire and found it gave me way too little. I used my camera set-up for a year (Nikon 10.1mp P&S with Ike stobe/housing etc.) and got some lucky great shots and some good but colour bland shots. The brief introduction gave me enough help to mess up almost every shot. Did the course get catered to your specific equipment if you had it?

I am not a huge fan of PADI but if this course actually helps, then perhaps I will get back to my roots. I just do not know enough about operating a camera and their features to get by with a quick intro (that was my fault as I thought I was better than I am :rofl3:).

Did you find the U/W Photography actually taught you a lot? I took an intro to U/W Photography course ........

On this excursion, Kris was teaching the DUP course; I was teaching the Deep. Kris took the pix at Molokini - such as the shark. He did a great job using an unfamiliar camera - my new D300/Ikelite rig. What you get from a PADI DUP course depends entirely on the instructor. How many instructors are professional underwater photographers experienced in digital post-processing with photoshop?

I've been fortunate enough to be involved in photography as both a professional and enthusiastic amateur for many years. If you take my course, I GUARANTEE that you'll learn a lot - both underwater techniques and post-processing to get the most from what you've captured. I teach the fundamentals - lighting, composition and exposure. I'm a big believer in using manual exposure so YOU are in control -- not the camera. Yes I do cater specifically to your gear.

Mark

Thanks for the response Mark and I apologize for the :hijack: . Unfortunately I will be hard pressed to the course from you in Hawaii as it is low on my destination list because of the cost, but I will definitely look at the course locally and start asking questions. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom