Maui OW cert dive Dive Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atlas1977

Registered
Reaction score
I am traveling to Maui in late October with a friend and he needs to get his open water cert. He has gone through the classes and what not and just needs the open water dives to be fully certified. He is a pilot and works every weekend so it doesn't look like he can get it here in Chicago before it gets to cold.

Can someone recommend a good place to do the dives on Maui at a reasonable price? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Oh yeah I love these threads!!

I'd recommend bbscuba.com !! They are my local dive shop and they can hook him up with everything he needs! What is most important though is where he will be staying. South Maui is the Kihei area while West Maui is the Kaanapali area. They are about 45 minutes apart by car. I don't have a recommendation for any West Maui shops since I don't use any of them up there. BB Scuba is in Kihei (in the south).

Hope this helps!

Sean

If staying in Kihei I'd second going with B&B, (My second choice in Kihei would be Maui Dreams Dive Co.) if in the Lahaina/Kaanapali area check out Pacific dive (Lahaina Divers would be my second choice up here)

Won't really go wrong with any of these folks. Another option would be to contact one of the independent instructors here on the board from Maui (most are down in the Kihei area) like Halemano, KrisB or Howard4113.

Have a great trip!

Aloha, Tim

All good answers above, just depends on which side of the Island you are staying:)

My teenage sons did their checkout dives with ShakaDivers (ShakaDoug on this board). He is out of Kihei as well and is very conscientious and safe. It was a great experience for the boys and we had some great dives.

Steve

West Maui dive op Extended Horizons offers OW referrals in the Kaanapali/Lahaina area. Your buddy can tailor their referral however he wants: either two days (4 dives) off the beach, or beach/boat combo (Day 1, 2-3 dives off the beach, then the final dive(s) off the boat). This seems to work out great for buddy teams with different experience levels!

Back
Top Bottom