Maui overnight boat trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,
The wife and I are headed to Maui in late Sept and have been graciously offered to stay with her parents friends who live there. I love the idea of saving the cash on a place to stay but really don't want to bother them with staying the whole week.

I would like to find something a little different to do for a few days/nights. Can anyone suggest a possible 1-3 night liveaboard? If not, do any of the dive ops have their own cabanas etc? Really kind of open at this point. I have seen a few "rent our boat" places but since we are only 2, the cost doesnt really work out right. Thanks in advance for the help!

rydog,

I have not heard of any liveaboards for here on Maui, I believe the only liveaboard boat in Hawaii is the Kona Aggressor. I don't remember seeing any but I am sure others who are more active in the diving community could answer that better.

Before I moved here and I would come over for visits I did some research on different places to stay, going thru dive ops. Again, this has been a number of years ago but I believe Ed Robinson had a link to some cottages that you could book thru them.

There are some cottages here in Kihei, not sure but I believe they are the ones ER has on their site. If they are not they look similar. Nona Lani is across the street from the beach and the outside appearance looks good. I don't know what they are like on the inside. Here is their website: Nona Lani Cottages, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii - Happy Valley Hale Hostel, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii . I would guess it would be around 5 miles to the Kihei Boat Ramp going south, it is about 5 miles to Ma'alaea Harbor to the north and an additional 19 miles further north to Lahaina.

No matter what you decide, aloha and enjoy your stay here in Paradise.

Thanks SoCal. Those cottages look right up our alley. Aloha.

Anyone else with a suggestion?

Thanks SoCal. Those cottages look right up our alley. Aloha.

Anyone else with a suggestion?

vrbo.com is your friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom