Maui Monthly - June 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's time for a June Dive! This is for members and non-members only :wink: (in other words - everyone is invited!)

8am, Saturday June 3rd.

I'm recommending Ahihi bay in Kihei for this months dive?

We also have several visiting SB members joining us from the Mainland!

Aloha, Tim

Peter and I are planning on being there, wherever it turns out to be!

This month is scheduled to be a Kihei dive, and Ahihi bay is a really nice dive site imo with lots to see and a long shallow end to it...

Looking forward to seeing you and Peter again Lynne.

Aloha, Tim

This works out good for me. I am going out with B&B in the morning and the boat gets back around 10, I can swing right by there since B&B goes out of Kihei.

Tim, can you post directions to the dive site? I am always up in Lahaina/Kaanapali when I go to Maui, so I am pretty unfamiliar with the Kihei area.

I already fedexed my dive gear to Maui. Can't wait to go diving without having to deal with my drysuit.

How is the vis out there lately? I have not had vis of more than 20' this whole year in SoCal.

-David

When you leave the boat ramp turn right onto the highway - Turn right on Wailea Alanui Drive and follow it for several miles - you will go south past the resort area, through a lava field and finally enter the fish reserve. About 1/2 mile past the fish reserve sign you will see a small cove with lots of tourists swimming and cars parked around, 200 yards after this cove there is a gravel parking lot on the right hand side - pull in there and follow the foot path to the water -

PM me if you need more directions.

Aloha, Tim

I've been wanting to do the left side as I've only done the right side so far (3x I think) Would you be so kind as to give a weather report on Friday?

See you Saturday :D

Aloha, Tim

P.S. till a few days ago it was pretty bad up here too, but this morning looked gorgeous when I was driving home ... hopefully Saturday will be nice down south.

I have the latest conditions from my mole at Maui Dreams.
Conditions on the south shore continue to be less than optimal with surf in the 1-3 ft range. Vis is reduced - especially close to shore. Safety is a concern at Ahihi as the entry is shallow and over coral for about 20-30 yards after entry. OK for me - I know where the rocks are. Vis improves further out and should not be a major concern.
Tim (or anyone else) -- if you want to change plans - please post here or call me (303) 829-1255.

Aloha - see ya tomorrow,
Mark

any areas around there that you'd suggest or is the whole south shore washed out?

If something is good, we can still meet there and then decide where to go (makena landing perhaps?) might be easier than getting changes to everyone...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom