Maui Monthly - December 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last month the Maui group (with future "Mauians" Al & Jill) was a great day of diving in Kihei, so for December we'll try moving back up north (conditions permitting)

When: Saturday, December 2nd 9am
Where: Pipeline off Baby Beach (Same road as Mala boat ramp)
Who: YOU! If you live on Maui, are visiting Maui, would like to visit Maui etc.. :D
What: Diving of course... hopefully 2 dives again

Hope you can join us!

Aloha, Tim

ummm ... Mark and I went looking for it today ... no sucess ...

I was thinking we could do a cleanup dive at Mala instead - Same basic location and lots to see (hopefully lol)

If we all bring a mesh bag or two we can work to fill them up with fishing line, cans and assorted litter - we'll limit it to small stuff, nothing requiring a lift bag (like that old battery at the end of the warf)

Who's interested in joining the fun? :D

Aloha, Tim

Hey Tim when you are doing he cleanup dive at Mala keep a look out for my light. I lost it there in January must still be there right. :D

A few years ago I took a snorkel boat from Lahaina harbor that did just very short trips up to Baby Beach area. We snorkeled around a reef, and a pipeline, that was just off of Baby Beach / Big Buddha. If they are still running the trip, perhaps they can give you some ranges / lineups to find the spot. I forget the name of the boat, but they were unique in that they offered short (2 hour?) snorkel trips.

I'll be on island for 15 weeks starting Nov 30th, and hope to make the Dec 2 monthly dive. Either Baby Beach or Mala sound great.

Charlie Allen

Glad to see you'll be back to join us for awhile Charlie - I look forward to seeing you again

Aloha, Tim

Looks like we'll have a rising tide to work with - low tide is just about 8:30am and next high tide near 1pm.

Yesterday Lahaina calmed down in the afternoon, and today looked decent again, so I am encouraged that we may have a nice dive tomorrow.

Plan on meeting at Mala Warf at 9am, and bring a couple of mesh bags - we'll see who can pull up the most line, lead and cans :) btw - you may want gloves for this one - I will try to bring an extra pair if someone needs them.

Aloha, Tim

after a beautiful sunny day yesterday it poured rain last night in Lahaina ... usually means vis at Mala is gonna be 5ft or less :(

I am still planning on diving, but we'll make new plans after meeting at the boat ramp.

If you are coming from Kihei and would like to stay home I understand :wink:

Aloha and see you all in a couple of hours

rain.jpg

pic from today's "non-dive"

Well we got rained out today - Mala was just a lil' bit cloudy from all the runoff (right side of the pic) at the drainage culvert

mala1.jpg

Aaaah, pics remind me of home, except that would be very very divable in Oregon :)

Back
Top Bottom