Maui kihei advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevethepirate

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had advice on nice condos in kihei. We will be going there in early july. It will be my sister and I who are both in our 20's, and our parents. We are going there to dive, but also want a nice, comfortable place to stay. We booked one with Luana Kai, but I was wondering if there is anything nicer. Some place on a usable beach, AC, pool, 3 bedrooms, near stuff to do.

As of now I think we will be diving with Dive and Sea Maui. Will be posting a report upon return!

I have stayed at the Aston Maui Lu before
ResortQuest Hawaii formerly Aston Hotels & Resorts ~ Maui-Aston Maui Lu

Mind you it was over 10 years ago so there maybe something nicer around there by now. We stayed in the buildings across the street from the mail building, it was in the corner of the building and a 2 story room. not bad for the price

do you have to stay at a condo or even in Kihei?

this place has hotels and condos... or this place is absolutely gorgeous

Thanks for the links! That grand wailea place is gorgeous. Unfortunately it looks to be a bit much.

We do want to be in Kihei, just because it is close to the diving. We will have a car, but i dont think we want to have to drive far every morning.
We also want to stick to a condo. We like to get out and eat at different places, as well as being able to cook on our own at times. It just wouldnt be worth paying the high prices for a resort when we wouldn't be using it all.

Does Luana Kai have a swimmable beach? I know it is ocean front, but if it is where I am thinking the beaches in that area aren't all that nice - also not that close to the diving - you'll have to drive a little bit south.
The Wailea Ekahi condos are closer to Ulua Beach, but likely going to be a bit more expensive.
Depends on your price point as to how deluxe you want to be.

Kamaole Beach Royal (mauikbr.com) is where I've been staying for years. Reasonable rates and all rooms have ocean views if you're on the 4, 5 or 6th floor. Right across the street from Kamaole Beach #1 which is great. You have the pool to yourself most of the time as well. Highly recommend it. Tell Vince and Rose that Robyn sent you.

Does Luana Kai have a swimmable beach? I know it is ocean front, but if it is where I am thinking the beaches in that area aren't all that nice - also not that close to the diving - you'll have to drive a little bit south.
The Wailea Ekahi condos are closer to Ulua Beach, but likely going to be a bit more expensive.
Depends on your price point as to how deluxe you want to be.

Thanks for the advice. I think we are trying to stay a bit more north, just because thats where Dive and Sea Maui is...
By the way, anywhere in NE ohio to keep up on some diving skills? I live in wooster for 8 months out of the year...

Kamaole Beach Royal (mauikbr.com) is where I've been staying for years. Reasonable rates and all rooms have ocean views if you're on the 4, 5 or 6th floor. Right across the street from Kamaole Beach #1 which is great. You have the pool to yourself most of the time as well. Highly recommend it. Tell Vince and Rose that Robyn sent you.

That looks really good. I will check into that. Thanks!

check out the great lakes wrecking crew subforum here. . . .very active dive group throughout the year. You are fairly close to Gilboa, Portage and Whitestar.

so you are in Wooster, huh? Many happy memories of Wooster as I grew up in Wadsworth, my Dad went to Wooster College, ( he was born in Holmes county) and we spent lots of time in Wooster. Is Freedlanders store still around? Maggi

Dive and Sea leave from Kihei Boat ramp and that is where most all boats meet their Divers is at Ramp..
Kihei and Maui for that matter is small Island so distance is relative to Finding Nice place look at Hale Kamaole condos on south Kihei rd right across from Kam 3 park and 200 yards from Boat Ramp.

Back
Top Bottom