Maui kihei advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at Kamaole Sands, across the street from Kamaole Beach #3, within walking distance of the boat ramp. I've also stayed at Maui Kamaole, which is directly across the street from the South Kihei boat ramp. Both were comfortable, but a bit pricey for me, since I'm usually there by myself.

My favorite place to stay has been the Island Surf building. I've stayed in a "hotel-style room" and a condo there. The price of both places is much more within my price range, and they're in the same building with Maui Dreams Dive Co, where I'm (slowly) working on Divemaster certification. It is more of a drive down to the boat ramp, but other than that I find it very convenient.

I'll be in Kihei (at the Island Surf building) June 22 - July 3. I'm hoping dive with Dive and Sea Maui a few times while I'm there. I'm really looking forward to diving from their new boat.

Peace,
dave

Dave, good luck with your dive master certification!
We are looking for 3 bedrooms (my sister snores :p), so that really limits the possibilities.
I think we are just sticking with Luana Kai, because none of the others really have 3 bedrooms.

The new boat sounds really nice. I'm hoping/assuming that even though they have a new boat, they will keep the cap at 6 divers.

Luana Kai is in a good location. Kihei's not that big to begin with. You'll want to cruise around the island when you're not diving and Luana Kai is a good mid point kind of place to be. You should enjoy the dives with Cap'n John-o and his awesome First Mate Emiko. Tell them I said hey! I think I'm going to go play on their boat this Wednesday.

Luana Kai is in a good location. Kihei's not that big to begin with. You'll want to cruise around the island when you're not diving and Luana Kai is a good mid point kind of place to be. You should enjoy the dives with Cap'n John-o and his awesome First Mate Emiko. Tell them I said hey! I think I'm going to go play on their boat this Wednesday.

Thanks for the reassurance. It was actually your review of them that convinced me. Tell them to buy you a beer or something, haha.

My favorite place to stay in Kihei is the Hale Hui Kai. nice quiet place right on Keawakapu beach with great swimming and snorkeling. plus you're only a 5 minute walk from the Kihei landing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom