Maui in August (11-25)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drfsol

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone!!

First, I will try to do my best in English…

We already have our flight tickets (leaving from Montréal, Canada) and can't wait to go back to Maui! But this time I and my wife are certified divers. Actually we are going there in honey moon with a friend couple.

So we are planning to do 4 day of diving. Molokini (inside and back wall) and other place.. (still looking on the forum to see where are the good place..)
Maybe take a shore dive with an instructor and after do that on ourselves if we feel safe enough.

But my big question right now is where to stay. I was 5 years ago in Lahaina, nice place! But I’m looking for an condo or small apartment with 2 bed room and kitchen and an ocean view (if possible).

I know that everything is really expensive on the Island, so I wonder where are the good deals and if you have some recommendation. I think the best place in the middle of everything is Kehei… so if you have place recommendation, I will really appreciate!!!

Thanks a lot!
-Cristian

Cristian, I don't live in Maui (wish I did, but...) I have always had good luck trying
www.vrbo.com . i will be there next week...first time to Maui as a diver, so I am even more excited. It was my last trip 15 months ago that motivated me to take up SCUBA when I got jealous of the people staying under water as I snorkled and free dove there.

First off -- accommodations.

I've really appreciated Paradise Vacation Rentals -- fair people and accommodating. They do list a few 2B places on their site: http://www.mauiparadisevacations.com/index.htm but I think they have access to other properties as well, so give them a call.

If you give up the oceanview, your price drops a lot -- consider that the ocean is usually no more than a block away from any condo, and that becomes easier to handle. :)

One other bit of advice -- make sure you have a rental car. Any other form of transportation for divers around here is going to get *very* expensive *very* quickly.

I'd love to go diving with you guys (both drfsol and dwaters) while you're here, so send me a PM if you're interested and we can arrange a shore dive or to be on the same boat or something. :)

BTW, a plug for boat operator that I have really enjoyed -- Makena Coast Charters. Awesome group of people, great boat and overall a great experience.

dwaters> Thanks, already check this site, but i will search a little more, I was just wondering if someone has recommendation...

Have a nice trip! and come back to this thread to tell how your trip was, some tips you can pass on! by the way, where are you staying?

KrisB> Thanks!!! i will send a email for mauiparadise... sure I can give away the oceanview... and it's in the plan to get a car... I was there couple years ago and really, the car is absolutely needed! Thanks for the invitation; I will send you an PM soon. I definitively want to dive with local :D

-Cris

If you're not loking for anything too fancy, the place we rented in The kehei area a block from the kehei boat ramp was pretty good. Affordable too. Accross the street from the ocean, with a view of it.

They have a website.
And the owners are easy to deal with.

www.maui-magic.com

Jeff

Wow Thanks! exactly what we search! 2 bedroom with double or queen bed!

the apartment's is really nice... thanks for the tips...

I'm just waiting for the confirmation of my friends, if they come I think I found the place... if it's availlable ;-)

c ya!
-Cris

I come to Kihei three times a year and stay at Kamaole Beach Royal. They have 1, 2, or 3 bedroom units. Many of the units have ocean views. I believe their website is kbrmaui.com.

ali98662:
I come to Kihei three times a year and stay at Kamaole Beach Royal. They have 1, 2, or 3 bedroom units. Many of the units have ocean views. I believe their website is kbrmaui.com.
I think you mean http://www.mauikbr.com/ :)

FWIW, ALWAYS do a search by property name on these -- sometimes the vacation rental places DO NOT have the best rates, but if you deal directly with the owners you can get better ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom