Maui Dive Shop Reference...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decompressionable

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys

gonna be in Maui in late August and would like to be directed to the best dive shop on island. doesn't matter where it is, we'll have a car.

thanks in advance.

TMG

"best" would be extremely subjective and vary greatly person to person. IMO the ones considered "best" on SB would be Ed Robinson's, B&B, Mike Severns, and Maui Dreams, all in Kihei. Shaka Doug gets a big nod around here as well, but he has a "dive bus" not a "shop".

It would help if we knew what you wanted to do for diving while you are there. Recommendations for Molokini, for other sites, and for shore diving could be quite different.

Over the years B&B has proved to us that it deserves our business.

Where you are and what shop to use does make a difference. If you are in Lahaina, Kaanapali or Napili and need to be in Kihei at 6-7am, well I hope you are a morning person because its a 45 minute drive. If you want to go to Lanai or Molokai, you want a boat out of Lahaina. For Molokini you either drive to Kihei and take the short boat ride, or shorter drive to Lahaina and take a longer boat ride. If you are staying in Kihei, just reverse everything I said.

hey guys

gonna be in Maui in late August and would like to be directed to the best dive shop on island. doesn't matter where it is, we'll have a car.

thanks in advance.

TMG

Just picking nits here; there are really only a few "dive shops" on Maui, there are many "dive operators."

Maui Dreams Dive Shop, B&B Dive Shop, and Scuba Shack are the Kihei shops, although Ed Robinson may have an "ocean activities shop" now. Lahaina Divers and Hawaiian Rafting Adventures are the Lahaina shops, although Hawaiian Rafting is not like any other. Maui Dive Shop has at least 7 shops, in Wailea, Kihei, Ma'alaea, Lahaina (2?), Ka'anapali and Honokowai, but is often mentioned last (or just before Scuba Shack). :D

Where you are and what shop to use does make a difference. If you are in Lahaina, Kaanapali or Napili and need to be in Kihei at 6-7am, well I hope you are a morning person because its a 45 minute drive. If you want to go to Lanai or Molokai, you want a boat out of Lahaina. For Molokini you either drive to Kihei and take the short boat ride, or shorter drive to Lahaina and take a longer boat ride. If you are staying in Kihei, just reverse everything I said.

Or you do a medium drive and dive out of Ma'alaea. :idk:

we just got back from maui and I priced most if not all the dive shops, I am sure most are decent, of all that I called Maui Dreams and Shaka Divers were the most reasonable in price and had no hidden cost. We did our AOW with Maui Dreams 349 each icluded all gear and equipment (did a scooter dive to the good year reef and St Anthony) we also got to use computers which I am not sure if that is normal but came with our class. As well it included a two tank boat dive which we hit molokini for our deep dive and Waielai point, it also included cameras for our photo dive elective, again no hidden cost. And Shaka Doug was very cool gave a great history of where we were diving not just a pre dive briefing, as well all gear was included for both dives and that ran 79 bucks each.

Definitly the best shop is subjective but if you are looking for the most bang for your buck those are the ones I would recommend, did call Maui dive shop and there price included most but not everything. Have fun....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom