• Yes.

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • No, but plan to within 1-2 years.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • No and not currently planed to.

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99 once bubbled...
Don't shy away from Reef's End because you don't want to go deep. There is a small overhang/mini-cave, usually with 3 or 4 whitetips, and a lot of other stuff around 70 or 80', which is where a lot of operators dive this site.
The mooring I'm talking about is the farthest out. You don't even get to the wall until you're down close to 100 feet. But as you get closer to the wall that extends past the surface I agree that the dive is great at 70-80 feet. From the mooring I was talking about we start deep and then cruise at the depths you suggest. I know that overhang well and it's cool.

Actually I haven't done a bad dive there yet and I've done many.

has dove while in Maui provide the name of the shop and a phone number? I know someone that is going there and is interested in diving while there. Unfortunately its not me :(

Thanks

jbd

jbd once bubbled...
has dove while in Maui provide the name of the shop and a phone number? I know someone that is going there and is interested in diving while there. Unfortunately its not me :(

Thanks

jbd

I was very impressed with B & B Scuba as you most likely have read with some of my posts here. Their phone number is 808-875-2861. The fax is (808)875-9752 and their e-mail is bvarney333@aol.com and I hope your friend has a blast. Well of course he will.

The mailing address is

B&B Scuba
P.O. Box 1134
Kihei, HI 96753

Physical address is

B&B Scuba
1280 South Kihei Rd.
Shop #129
Kihei, HI 96753

thanks for the info. I had just read the posts about Maui dive shops when I came back to this thread. I'll pass your recommendation to him.

Totally agree with Al as far as B+B Scuba goes!! My wife and I were in Maui in Dec and went with them to Molokini. My wife and I were certified by a fly by night op in Ca a few years earlier so she was not completely comfortable with the whole diving thing. Instead of making us feel like idiots instead they made us feel like we had invented diving. We just went back from 6/21 - 6/28 and dove with them on 6/25. Brad and his crew are the best. We are planning on going back in Oct or Nov and wouldn't consider any other operator.
For guy directions to their shop, I would say when travelling south through downton Kehei go just past Mcdonalds and turn in where the Taco Bell center is.

Backtanner I'm not surprised you feel that way about them. Brad is great and a funny guy to boot. His wife Blesi is a sweetheart. She knew my wife is crazy over those turtles so she made sure to take a great photo of one and then mount it and give it to us as a gift.

On our next trip I would like to do a night dive with them ( although I don't think the wife is quite ready for that yet). I would also like to do Lanai just to get it out of the way, so I may have to inquire into a different operator. I don't think B+B go that far but I'm sure they will be able to recommend someone who does.

As far as the turtle thing, we saw so many that I'm kinda burned out on them. It was great the first 20 or 30 times we saw them!

Backtanner once bubbled...
I would also like to do Lanai just to get it out of the way, so I may have to inquire into a different operator.

Although some people don't like them, I thought Lahaina Divers was great. It's true that there are lots of inexperienced divers on board (some doing intro to scuba), but the crew is really friendly and their new boat, the Dominion, is probably the nicest dive boat that I've ever been on. It's 46' long, very roomy, and has ample room at the top where you can sit and not get wet.

I dove with them twice, once during a deep specialty course (Molokini) and I liked them so much that I went back with them to Lanai the next day. At Molokini, my instructor and I went off and did our own thing, so I don't know what kind of dive profile the rest of the divers were following. The dives at the Cathedrals in Lanai were awesome. I was happy about the dive sites that the captain and DM picked on both days.

I wouldn't suggest going with them to Molokini unless you don't care about rough boat rides. The trip from Lahaina harbor is about 45-50 min. on the Dominion and about half the trip there and half the trip back can be VERY rough. I think about 9 people on the boat got sick.

I'd dive with them again simply because I loved their boat and crew. I've also heard good things about Extended Horizons. Their boat isn't anywhere near as big, and that means less people on board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom