Maui Dive Buddies Jan 17 - 31, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mahalo DiverSteve! I shall look into Maui Dreams Dive Co. right away. I have rentaed from B&B before, and they have a good Molokini dive that I am planning on (wohoo!).

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2013 at 08:58 PM ----------

Hey Token - I'd love to dive with you on the 18th! BTW, one of my best dive buddies is from Ontario. my email is david@vonderland.com if you want to drop me a line there we could set it up.

Hey...I'm David too! I'll be in touch...

Hi. I live on Maui now. I know rough life but someone has to do it. I'm off from work 18,19,20. Have to check from there. Text me and we can do some shore dives. 480-612-5913. Ken. I dive with Maui dreams. Great small shop on the way to some nice shore dive sites.

I know you are looking for shore dives, and probably not "led dives" but I am a captain for Maui Dive Shop and we go on some pretty awesome dives. If you want to come out on the boat, that's where you will find me, but we also have some amazing instructors doing shore dives with customers... You may be interested... Either way, safe diving and have fun here on island!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey...I'm David too! I'll be in touch...

Look forward to it. Have a blast!

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 09:37 PM ----------

Hi. I live on Maui now. I know rough life but someone has to do it. I'm off from work 18,19,20. Have to check from there. Text me and we can do some shore dives. 480-612-5913. Ken. I dive with Maui dreams. Great small shop on the way to some nice shore dive sites.

Hey Ken, Sounds great. I'll text you when we get settled. Thanks man.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 09:40 PM ----------

I know you are looking for shore dives, and probably not "led dives" but I am a captain for Maui Dive Shop and we go on some pretty awesome dives. If you want to come out on the boat, that's where you will find me, but we also have some amazing instructors doing shore dives with customers... You may be interested... Either way, safe diving and have fun here on island!

Ahoy Cap'n John. A boat dive or 2 is in the plan. I'll look into it when we get there. Any promos going on? I've dove Molokini and Turtle Town, loved that but also want to try something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm heading there on the 29th and will be there for 7 days, I will be staying in Kihei and looking to do some diving

20 bucks more than a Molokini trip??? How much does Scubahawk charge anyway?? I thought he just did it for fun... He said somewhere on here he charged a "Battery donation" or something like that... that's weird...

20 bucks more than a Molokini trip??? How much does Scubahawk charge anyway?? I thought he just did it for fun... He said somewhere on here he charged a "Battery donation" or something like that... that's weird...

I remember one time he said the "battery charging fee" was like $75...if you multiply that by 2, that's $150 for a 2 scooter dive, which is $20 more than the going rate for Molokini. Perhaps that's it??

OK, time for a little Maui Dive Report.

1/23/13 - Dove Molokini and Wailea Point on the Maui Diamond through Maui Dreams Dive Co. Great bunch of folks. The boat is smaller (40') but that means so is the dive group. Water was about 72º and only 2 of us ("Shep" the dive guide and me) wore 7 mil suits and we were the only ones not shivering at the end. I know 7mil sounds excessive but trust me, it made the dive all that more enjoyable.

Viz at Molokini was 150+ and the whales were audible the whole time. There was a current at the outer rim but otherwise it was spectacular.
VIDEO: [video=youtube;KQeyyCa_GzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQeyyCa_GzY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The dive at Wailea Point was OK, but that is accessible from shore and a bit crowded for my tastes. However, viz was about 50' and there were quite a few Green Turtles around.
VIDEO: [video=youtube;eqsHhDJrt7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqsHhDJrt7E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

1/24/13 - Dove with Scubahawk27 (aka. mauiscooterdivers.com) at great spot. OK, this was one of the best dive of my life so far. Greg and Elizabeth are both Dive Masters and great folks. The scooters are top of the line and quiet. I'll take this over a boat dive any day! He charges $100 and that's for EVERYTHING - so on Maui that really is a good deal. They took great care of me and took me to some spots only experienced locals would know about. When I first contacted Scubahawk27 through scubaboard I was just looking to shore dive, but it was worth the $ for the expert guides and scooters - I loved it! We are heading out again Sunday. This is a vid from last week of the exact dive we did...
VIDEO: [video=youtube;0hBC270dPSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hBC270dPSE[/video]

More to come!

Last edited:
Scooter diving rocks but don't tell eveyone they took you to Makena Landing!! It's illegal to run tours there!!!! Last time I was there the security threatened me with Trespassing charges and arrest!!

Back
Top Bottom