Maui Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotfins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all! I'm off to Maui this Friday for 7 days. I've been researching all the awesome posts for info on dive shops and 'can't miss' dives. Sounds like Molokini with B&B is the way to go. I'm also looking to do some shore diving, but I'm staying near Kapalua. Is Pacific Dive pretty good for that?

I'm solo on this trip with relatives so I'm also looking for someone to buddy up with. I should mention I'm newly OW and can't wait for dives 3-? (so the back wall is out for me:(). Just tell me the water is warmer than the 50 degree stuff I was in last weekend!

Thanks for all the info I've found so far!

-Brian

When are you going to be on Maui? I'm headed there in January. I'm new to the sport also, but I am totally hooked.

:D Thrilled to be diving!!!

Tim???? :)

I'll likely be around.

PM me for contact details of shore diving and we can hit up some south side sites.

edit: waitasecond! You said this Friday! PM SENT.

Hey Brian,

if you're interested in joining me for some diving on Monday up in the Kapalua area let me know - I'll PM you my phone #

Aloha, Tim

Aloha Brian,

Enjoy your trip to our island. I'll be in Florida for the DEMA show otherwise I'd invite you to come along on some south side dives. You say you are certed OW and looking forward to dives 3 - and up. What does that mean exactly? Are you Open Water or just basic Scuba Diver? As I recall, if you only have two dives under your belt, you need to make the next two under the supervision of an Instructor and finish up your certification to become fully certified and be able to dive on your own. You have one year to complete your certification or your Scuba Diver rating expires. Something you should consider before you jump in and end up "over your head".

Have fun and enjoy our 78 + degree water!

I was certified in Maui in 1990 at the Sheritan Hotel Black Rock. Its a great shore dive. As far as a boat dive. Go to Molokini thats a good dive. I did my open water there and then a couple of years later did a few dives there. We dove with Brad Varney.

Hi Doug.. sorry for the confusion. I've actually completed 6 dives and I am a card carrying member (temp). I guess I'm not counting the first 4 since they were mainly skill assessments.

Thanks for all the replies. I look forward to meeting some of you.

Aloha, Brian

Take Tim (kidspot) up on his offer! There's GREAT shore diving in the Lahaina area, which is not that far from Kapalua. I love the Mala Boat Ramp, if conditions are favorable for doing it. And Tim's a super dive buddy.

Back
Top Bottom