Maui bound(Hale Kai O Kihei)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJStateRanger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Wife and I are heading to Maui and staying at Hale Kai O Kihei in Nov. Looking for small dive boat, not cattle boat to do a couple of dives. Also looking to maybe do a couple of beach dives or could be even off Kayak. I am the diver not the Mrs. Yes I am searching other posts also. Hoping someone has some up to date information about the different dive ops. Also, does anybody know of any snorkel/Kayak trips that both of us could take? We will be there around the 14-24th. Thanks in advance for any possible help.

On a side note any good places to eat within reason($?), just want good food without paying for a tourist trap.

Rick

Cafe O'Lei, Matteos, Pizza Madness, Sansei, Fat Daddy's Smokehouse, Tiki Lounge, Longhis Wailea, Sea Watch, Big Wave Cafe, Stella Blues, Da Kitchen, Fred's Mexican, Horhitos Mexican, Capische?, WokStar...all good places to eat! They're all in Kihei / Wailea too. Tell 'em Shaka sent you!

Just posted about my positive experience at Dive & Sea. Tell Emi and John that Gail and Steve said hi! If your wife changes her mind, Emi is great with newbies. Enjoyed some great lunches at Eskimo Candy in Kihei and the kabob place right there in Kihei (sorry, blanked on the name, but in Maui Revealed book). Both had good fresh fish and reasonable for Maui.

Look into Extended Horizions MAUI SCUBA DIVE SHOP EXTENDED HORIZONS LANAI AND LAHAINA DIVE AND SCUBA TOURS Extended Horizens or call them at 888-DIVEMAUI (888-348-3682). They will only run small groups and offer 2 tank boat dives with bottom times up to 1hr. They where great and very very professional. In addition they can provide full equipment rentals should you choose not bring your own gear along. As for shore diving they also have one of the best instructor and shore guides in Maui and Keith is a very dedicated guide and really has a passion for shore diving. I did two trips on the boat and shoredives everyday with Keith during my 2 week stay. Also Keith pointed out some of the best places that are local to eat at. I was impressed as on our last trip we where eating at all the high priced tourist places. Keith would tell where to go grab a bite and then ask how it was? Needless to say I was impressed everytime and the prices where very reasonable. Not sure what the water temps will be but we had 77-78 and great vis the whole time. It was a great trip and I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I did.

Writing this from my Condo in Kiehi packing to go home from a delightful 10 days. I dove 4 days with B&B (bbscuba.com) and highly recommend them. I have dove with several other ops and was never 100% satisfied, but B&B did it for me, I have found an op that I am happy with.

Their early departures also meant I was back in time for a full day with my wife, a big plus in my book.

Ditto on B&B. They get the best dives for conditions and you can be back home from two dives by 10 AM. They normally dive Molokini and then come back towards Maui for a second dive. Great staff and always looking for a way to make your visit special. If you are looking for shore dives, Shaka Doug has a good reputation,olthough I have never dived with him.

Tons of great dives on Maui. Hope you have a great time. I have been emailing B&B already in anticipation of my next visit in February.

Any of Roy Yamaguchi's restaurants. Consistantly rated best in Hawaii. Have the poke tuna anywhere you see it on the menu! Have fun, I am jealous.

For dining in Kihei we like Sansei for sushi, and Amigo's for Maxican (Fred's is prefect for an ulcer patient on a bland diet) and the Thai place next to Starbucks on Kihei Rd.

For the ultimate romantic dinner on Maui it's Mama's Fish House, make your reservation, show up early and ask for a table by a window and have a drink while you wait, it's well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom