Maui Bottom Temp Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

purcellj

Registered
Reaction score
Arriving in Maui 11/21 to start a week of diving. What's the bottom temp been running lately? Shore or Boat?

Without sounding snippy, I don't care what the temp was 2 months ago or last Nov.

TIA
John

Not sure about Maui, But the temp was 75 this weekend in Kohala (NW coast Big Island). We could see Maui just across the channel as we did our surface interval and watched a trio of Humpback whales.

Thanks! Sounds like a fun SIT...Congrats!

Not sure about Maui, But the temp was 75 this weekend in Kohala (NW coast Big Island). We could see Maui just across the channel as we did our surface interval and watched a trio of Humpback whales.

Wow, that's great! I was wondering if the whales were in yet. I'll also be diving Maui starting on the 21st and I was hoping I might hear or see them.

ta:
Wow, that's great! I was wondering if the whales were in yet. I'll also be diving Maui starting on the 21st and I was hoping I might hear or see them.

Not a lot of whales, at the height of the season there will be 40-60 whales just outside of Kawaihae (I volunteer for the yearly whale counts). Right now there were just the three, the early arrivals.

It was 78F here off the shore yesterday. Still really nice. Viz was good too...upwards of 60-70'. Basically it was pretty much doubling the depth. At 10' deep it was around 20' viz; 20' deep - 40' viz and so on to a max of about 60-70' viz. I never made it out past 35 feet deep. Not too shabby at all!

Arriving in Maui 11/21 to start a week of diving. What's the bottom temp been running lately? Shore or Boat?

Without sounding snippy, I don't care what the temp was 2 months ago or last Nov.

TIA
John
Check out b&b scuba's website. They post their daily dives including viz, water temp, marine life, etc.

Thanks for all the responses!

Doug: See ya in a few.

Today was sunny here on Maui's south shore. Air was about 80-81F. Water was a little surgy, viz was dropping but seemed to be stabilizing. Water temp was comfy. Small girl wore a 3/2 full suit and was fine on two hour long dives. It was still 78F by my thermometer. See you next week John!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom