Master Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

durian:
I have PADI Rescue, so I could get into the NAUI MAster Diver Course correct. It sounds like some of it can be done at home if it is internet researched based?

The NAUI website reads "NAUI Advanced Certification or equivalent" to enter their MD course.

--Matt

durian:
I have PADI Rescue, so I could get into the NAUI MAster Diver Course correct. It sounds like some of it can be done at home if it is internet researched based?

I'm not familiar with PADI's certification ladder but as long as you have an AOW card from any agency you can take the NAUI Master Diver Course.
Ber :lilbunny:

I have had a dive shop specify AOW and Nitrox to do a set of Wreck dives once. I believe they also would take "sufficient documented dives" as equivilent for AOW.

As far as DM...the reason I might push for it for myself is because my wife is at Scuba Diver level and wants to stay there until she feels more comfortable as a diver...so I might get DM just so I don't need to pay someone to tag along with us.

Mike

Ber Rabbit:
I'm not familiar with PADI's certification ladder but as long as you have an AOW card from any agency you can take the NAUI Master Diver Course.
Ber :lilbunny:
Not quite. You must either have a NAUI advanced certification or the Course Instructor must determine that your previous training is equivalent. You also need to furnish your own gear which the instructor must insure is adequate for the course. And you need to be 15 or older.

My wife and I just completed the rescue class and we'll be taking the naui master diver course soon as well. We're not taking it for the card, we're taking it for the experience we know we're going to get from our instructors. We have alot of confidence in our teachers because so far they've been totally awesome and they truely care about their divers being safe and skilled. They aren't about just selling a c-card to get people in the water and diving.

The classes aren't about the cards, it's about diving and hopefully getting really good at it and learning new stuff.

Arguing on the internet with people you don't know about which institution is better or more rigorous is stupid.

Have fun with it. My c-card penis is bigger than your c-card penis. bleh.

daniel f aleman:
By the time that you FINISH the NAUI Master Diver course you will have learned a lot - it's a great course when taught by an interested instructor. The NAUI Master class is also used by universities as a requirement for Scientic/Research Diver Status.

Examples: http://www.huronscuba.com/classes/masterScubaDiver/index.asp, and http://diving.mlml.calstate.edu/aaus.html
Permit me please to annotate the (ML)2 list:
Initial Skills:
- 400 yd under 12 min.
- 25 yd underwater
- 10 min tread water
- 25 yd swimmer transport
We add a 50 yard underwater swim with no more than three breaths, a 400 yard snorkel swim in less than 8 minutes and a 100 yard tired diver assist.

Skin Skills (in pool, then ocean)
1) Weight belt R&R= removal and replacement (surface and depth) – this means take the belt off and put it on without any problem at the surface. Then free dive to the bottom (typically 20 to 30 feet), roll out of your belt and make a spread buoyant ascent. Make a surface dive against the buoyancy of your full suit and once you’ve reached the bottom roll into your belt and buckle it (wire buckle or sea quest style buckle makes this much easier).
2) Mask R&R
3) Fin R& R
4) Any 2 items R&R - Repeat skill one, but this time leave your mask and weight belt on the bottom and then recover them and surface with them in place. Remember – no scuba!
5) Skin Rescue

SCUBA Skills (in pool, then ocean)
1) Weight belt R&R (surface and depth)
2) B.C. R&R (surface and depth)
3) Mask R&R (depth)
4) Regulator R&R (depth)
5) Octopus Breathing – I’d expect that this would entail a 100 yard Octo swim without surfacing or touching the bottom.
6) Buddy-Breathing - I’d expect that this would entail a 100 yard BB swim without surfacing or touching the bottom.
7) CESA – from 30 ft.
8) Full Gear Exchange
9) Full Gear Ditch & Don
10) SCUBA Rescue
All skills must be done at demonstration quality (what we’d expect of a NAUI Instructor) and the exams test subject knowledge at the level expected of a NAUI Instructor.

Please everybody take the NAUI Master Diver Course, your c-card will have a picture of me diving on it with my ex....

Come on guys, we all know PADI is just after you money and Naui & SSI teach you safety and WAY more than what padi tries to.

Go Naui and don’t look back. If you don’t want Naui do SSI

I am currently on my Naui Master Diver and man there is a lot of info to take in, but I love it and would not look back. My instructor is adding in about 5 other specialties with our MD course. So at the end of the day its the instructor as well.

cerich:
Please everybody take the NAUI Master Diver Course, your c-card will have a picture of me diving on it with my ex....
You are right, NAUI new c card picture on the back:wink:

Back
Top Bottom