Master Diver - worth getting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having to pay for a card AND having to wait for it to come in the mail is lame. This is the 21st Century!
What do we want? Instant gratification!
When do we want it? Right now!

Depends, why do you want it? just because? umm, better spend time working a boat or in a dive shop. Nothing says "Moron" faster than a DM who doesn't know their way around

Depends, why do you want it? just because? umm, better spend time working a boat or in a dive shop. Nothing says "Moron" faster than a DM who doesn't know their way around

This is an amateur rating.

many dives no nitrox today. Master Diver not dive master, sounds really professional and cool, certs don't make the diver though

This is the typical discussion, see many past threads. Nothing new here. As usual, mostly polarized on both sides of the question.

Call me a tool. Call me untrained, inexperienced, whatever you want. I met all the requirements she I said aid the fee for the plastic. Does it mean I am awesome, does it mean I am a super diver? Nope. It just means that I met the requirements and I have the highest recreational certificate PADI offers. I earned it. And yes I paid $67 to get it. Does it correlate to my skill? Yes and no. But I wish you cheap sob's (who does not want to pay for a certification) would stop saying how worthless of a diver I am because I accomplished something.
I said this in another post, I went to college and took the classes. I gained the knowledge. But i had to pay a graduation fee in order to get my diploma. According to some of you I shouldn't have paid to get the piece of paper hanging on the wall saying I met the requirements for my degree. If it means something to you then great. If it doesn't mean anything to you then just stop being a Debbie downer. Dang, do you really have so many insecurities?

It's $67 now I see. Back in '07 I paid $41. Has there been THAT much inflation?
I have bachelors and masters degrees and neither time did I pay a "graduation" fee to get my diploma (though for the masters I was a TA).

I got it free and it demonstrates I'm rescue qualified and have completed 5 specs. Useful to put someone at more ease about your capabilities. I purposely picked 5 specs that have utility value, but that didn't include PPB as I had that down fairly well after 18-20 dives already.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom