Massachussets diving spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flmadiver

New
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good diving spots in MA that would be good for relatively new divers? I'm looking for a preferably easy yet visually pleasing dive.

flmadiver:
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good diving spots in MA that would be good for relatively new divers? I'm looking for a preferably easy yet visually pleasing dive.

Welcome to SB flmadiver! What part of MA?

For a shore dive Sandwich Town Beach has easy entry with a mixture of rocks and clay reefs on the bottom. Depth rarly exceeds 25'.

maybe a mod could move this to the New England Lobsta Divahs forum for better responses.

get the book beneith the waters of capecod. it tells you dive sites and there pros n'cons great ref book.

mels:
get the book beneith the waters of capecod. it tells you dive sites and there pros n'cons great ref book.

The same author also wrote Beneath the waters of Massachusetts Bay and Exploring the Waters of Cape Cod.

I have Exploring the Waters of Cape Cod., and my buddy has Beneath the waters of Massachusetts Bay. They are both excellent books. I'm sure the other one is also. I had a hard time finding Beneath th Waters of Cape Cod. I think it may be out of print.

Cape Ann is the eplace to go. There's lots of "easy" dives (relative of course) but more imporatantly, no one dive site in Cape Ann is more than 15 minutes from the next. That's important because when the weather is not cooperating at one site, you can go to another that has completely different exposure.

Back beach is always a good spot for new divers. Old garden beach another good site. Check in with one of the dive shops, they usually have dives on the weekend to help newer divers or divers who just want a buddy.

Its not in Massachusetts, but the Portland Quarry (Portland, CT) is reasonably close, particularly if you live in Central or Western Mass. I used to live in Longmeadow, and could get there in about 45 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom