Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have been using a scubapro tri vent mask and it has recently developed a busted seal and with the age of the mask I am retiring it. I am staying with scubapro brand but can't decide between the solo and the crystal vu masks. Anyone have a review on either that could help me narrow it down?

Mask reviews don't mean all that much when you are talking any of the major brands - fit is what matters. (You have a specific reason for staying with Scubapro? Rather than just trying on a bunch and seeing what works for you?)

They both fit very well actually, only difference is that the vu has side pocket windows similar to what I'm used to. So it basically comes down to personal preference since fit isn't an issue?

---------- Post added August 23rd, 2015 at 06:41 AM ----------

I'm staying with scubapro for a couple of reasons, I have had several other brands in the past but those never seem to fit me the same as the scubapro, also because my dad was a scuba diver and he recently passed away but he dove scubapro and I want to stay with his brand for now in the beginning.

Well I guess if they both fit fine, then personal preference is your decider. Personally I don't like side window masks I find the stray light that can enter distracting/annoying. YMMV.

Well I guess if they both fit fine, then personal preference is your decider. Personally I don't like side window masks I find the stray light that can enter distracting/annoying. YMMV.

I second that plus I would only use a mask with black skirt!!

Beyond light, anything with side windows must be a "high volume" mask; fogs easier, harder to clear, less streamlined, pulls in a current, etc

If I was locked into SP I'd go with a Sola, Frameless, or Mini Frameless.

If you wanted to look outside SP... well there's no substitute for the Atomic Frameless as far as I'm concerned.

Beyond light, anything with side windows must be a "high volume" mask; fogs easier, harder to clear, less streamlined, pulls in a current, etc

If I was locked into SP I'd go with a Sola, Frameless, or Mini Frameless.

If you wanted to look outside SP... well there's no substitute for the Atomic Frameless as far as I'm concerned.

The Atomic frameless finally ended my very long and expensive search for a mask that didn't leak. I now own 3 as am scared they'll stop making the medium fit.

Why not buy another scubapro tri-vent. I have a green one not being used if you're interested. And if not you can find them in decent shape on eBay regularly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom