Mask With Good Peripheral Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Tusa Visualator is a good mask for viewing, but take a look at the Wintech mask line #106 ( i think thats' the number). It's the same mask as the Visualator for half the price.

For years I dove a 4 window mask - Sherwood Genesis IV cause I liked the peripheral vision is gave me. I could really "see" any thing but could catch something out of the corner of my eye so that I would turn my head and then see it. I really like the mask but it is no long made and being 15 years old the skirt is going to blow at some point. I recently switched to one of the Atomic masks which sits much much closer to my face. Though I lost the peripheral vision I found that I gained more front vision. Enough so that it did not make much difference.

The best thing to do is go to your local shops grab a bunch of masks and test them in the water. Dry testing will help but in the water is better.

Scubamax Panoramic. Comes in purge or non purge, single or double lens. The side windows are bonded to the front in such a way that the dividing line disappears under water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom