Mask with ear covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gbone78

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if there are any masks out there with ear covers on them? I have a hard time equalizing and want to try a set out..... I know IST makes some, but are there any other companies out there that make them?

Here is the mask with ear cups by EARinc.. (Click for Link)..

Still the proear,made by IST.

IST is the only one who makes them,as they do make most other brand maskes.

Tryed them once, in the pool,it drove me mad.I could hear the valves open and close(hissing and clicking).
Not for me,but I have no need for it.:no:

That said,all my customers who use them are very pleased with them.

Last edited:
I'm kind of curious what happens to your ears when you have to take your mask off at depth.

I'm kind of curious what happens to your ears when you have to take your mask off at depth.

They flood.:D

I used them when I first started diving. They worked really well for me. I don't need them anymore, however. Removing the mask at depth was never an issue with me, but I did flood one of the ear cups once (had some hair in it), and it was easy enough to clear. If you're planning on removing and replacing the entire mask at depth, I'd pratice a bit first in the pool or in shallow water to see how you do.

How do they help to equalize the ears ? Just curious. They slowdown the pressure changes ?

I'm also wondering what happens to your ears when you take the mask off at depth? Is there sudden pain from the sudden onset of pressure??? I was emailing ProEar last night, and I couldn't get a Yes or No answer from them.... it was really frustrating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom