Mask strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just looking for opinions on the neoprene mask straps. What is everyone's on these? Are they useful and dive changing or are they a gimmick. Do you prefer the original silicone strap?

If your strap is adjusted properly, it's a non-issue and any material will work.

Your mask strap only needs to be tight enough to keep it from falling off your face while on the surface. Once underwater, water-pressure will keep it in place.

When you're doing a giant stride, you should be holding it in place with your hand.

flots

If your strap is adjusted properly, it's a non-issue and any will work.

Your mask strap only neeeds to be tight enough to keep it from falling off your face while on the surface. Once underwater, waterpressure will keep it in place.

When you're doing a giant stride, you should be holding it in place with your hand.

flots

Yeap, I do hold my mask in place, whether it's a giant stride or back roll off a boat. Just wondering if they are more comfortable or if they cause masks to be lost too easily

The first thing I do with a new mask is replace the silicone strap with a neoprene one. I find the neoprene ones are more comfortable and don't get tangled in my hair. Easier to put on and I've never had any hint of mask wanting to come off on a giant stride.

I ADORE my neoprene mask strap (slip on over the silicone kind). Makes it easier to put the mask on and off, and I have so much less hair tangled in the strap, or broken after the dive.

My husband didn't have the hair issues so he didn't want to get one. However, after pool classes I noticed it was impossible to find him in a sea of similarly sized black wetsuit, gray fin wearing men. Having neon green on the back of his head helps.

Hoods like this also help identify you.:D

PICT0041 (2).jpg
I ADORE my neoprene mask strap (slip on over the silicone kind). Makes it easier to put the mask on and off, and I have so much less hair tangled in the strap, or broken after the dive.

My husband didn't have the hair issues so he didn't want to get one. However, after pool classes I noticed it was impossible to find him in a sea of similarly sized black wetsuit, gray fin wearing men. Having neon green on the back of his head helps.

It really is all a matter of preference, but the neoprene straps are nice if you have long hair.

The strap I linked in an earlier post eliminates the possibility of the strap breaking...the strap is made from webbing and cannot break and the buckles make it completely adjustable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom