Lessons Mask strap broke during a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case something brakes I keep a few complete sets of gear at home, it's not far away

My head had been banged about in a wreck one day and as I sufaced my mask fell off
The silicone strap was torn and the lenses were scratched and chipped, Cressi Big Eyes

Ha ha ha ha ha, cool.

That's why we have two fin pockets. One for each mask to be stored in.

It's a good idea to use two identical masks and rotate them between the pocket and your face.

I believe the word you’re looking for is “velcro”.
Not in the one posted. That one doesn’t use Velcro, and is far superior. The problem with the Velcro versions is that the Velcro stops the inherent stretchiness of the neoprene.

The version posted uses a buckle or clasp to adjust without impacting the stretch of the neoprene.

Not in the one posted. That one doesn’t use Velcro, and is far superior. The problem with the Velcro versions is that the Velcro stops the inherent stretchiness of the neoprene.

The version posted uses a buckle or clasp to adjust without impacting the stretch of the neoprene.

Hmmm. I stand corrected. Thank you

ETA - US source? Or English based site?

Wouldn't it be easier if you put your feet in the fin pockets instead?
It's a sod to drive home with fins on. Mainly as I'm worried that my masks might get damaged.

I believe the word you’re looking for is “velcro”.

And yes.
Actually... absolutely NOT. Velcro is useless in this setting. It is not adjustable on the fly as the "buckle-thing" you see in the link, and it will ruin hoods or hair. So... No... I was looking for the maskstrapbucklethingword... Still looking... :D

Actually... absolutely NOT. Velcro is useless in this setting. It is not adjustable on the fly as the "buckle-thing" you see in the link, and it will ruin hoods or hair. So... No... I was looking for the maskstrapbucklethingword... Still looking... :D
I think it's can buckle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom