Mask strap and skirt keep turning yellow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had my current mask for about 6 years now and no discoloring. It wasn't 100% "clear" before, but kind of the "cloudy" clearish color. Maybe that has a factor, but I keep mine inside a bag and away from light pretty much all the time it's not on my face.

If you get a BP/W your mask will return to it's original clear state!

I have an old Dacor mask that I love to use because of the perfect fit but I have had to learn to live with the discoloration.

I have the same Dacor mask with drop-in Rx lenses. I love that mask, but when my Rx changed, I bought an IST Corona. It's essentially the same mask at a fraction of the price. The Dacor is now my back-up. Mine never turned yellow since it's black already!

It will put you in a constant state of euphoria never to want or need for anything in life again!

It will put you in a constant state of euphoria never to want or need for anything in life again!

When I'm feeling euphoric I want to do EVERYTHING.

Then again I'm a bit OCD.

Your mileage may vary.

Buy a yellow mask with a matching strap and your troubles are over.

I dive a bp/w with a simple hog harness and the forces that be allow me to change to color at will and it glows emitting a gentle light as I dive. The fish love it.

Seriously, all my clear masks are yellow some more than others. On a side note, if you drop your new expensive mask on the concrete and break the frame after a lovely dive, krazy glue will out that sucker right back together. It sort of melts the plastic and looks funky. It takes more glue than the normal Krazy glue job as you need to use a good bit of glue and it takes longer than the normal 30 seconds to set due to the plastic getting gooey. As long as the skirt didn't tear and the glass didn't break, there is great hope!

I have been diving said Krazy glue mask for 3 years now. It is my favorite one-- we have bonded permanently--at least I hope we have.

I have been told it was splitfins that makes your mask clear again.... no wander my mask is still yellow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom