Mask sore spot question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch:
Yes, you definitely have the strap too high on the back of your head. It's pulling the mask up onto the bottom of your nose. OUCH!

That describes precisely the problem I have experienced a few times. It sure does make the piece of cartilage at the bottom of the nose sore after a few days of diving. Thanks for the tip on the mask strap placement.

Mine does that too. It's just one of those things... actually I find that when I'm more horizontal and keep my face pointed a little more down instead of keeping my head vertical all the time it doesn't happen anymore.

I get the same problem. I usually have to reseat my mask during the dive a few times to relieve the pressure.

This is my second mask. The first one was far more painful. I do have a rather large schnoz though. :)

My wife and I have the same problem when diving with a 'purge' mask. We changed to non-purge and no more problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom